chicagoland

PROskydiving Acquires DZ Tools

This thread was started over 2 years ago, It's funny seeing replies to it now. JumpRun was abandoned. 2 years after ProSkydiving announced a new version, they still have not released anything. RealDropzone actually exists and has even more capability today than it did 2 years ago. Plus it's running at over double the dropzones we had running it when JumpRun was aquired by ProSkydiving.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

but at least ProSkydiving's website is easy to read.

Look at the RealDropzone website:
Right side bar - small white text on a beige background.
Bottom block - small beige text on a light brown background

Gawd that is hard to read... so I don't.

I don't own a DZ so I am never going to buy your software, but if I was looking at your site I would be put off trying to read it and I might make wonder... Is the software that hard to look at too?
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Skydive2

One thing Matt is forgetting to inform us of is his $3,000 to $6,000 dollar set up fee! I have a program that I pay $20 a month for that can basically accomplish the same thing...what a joke

Joke? A business owner should ask themselves a number of questions before reading such a claim.

How much money will your business lose if your software is unavailable due to internet connectivity on a Saturday afternoon? RealDropzone is the only product on the market that works online, and offline, in one fully integrated product. If your internet goes down for a few hours, it is business as usual.

How much double entry is involved in your software product? Does it keep track of online reservations, check in, manifesting, marketing, and act as a point-of-sale product with credit card reader integration?

How flexible are the credit card processing requirements of your existing product? Are you forced to enter a $$ value into your credit card machine, and then a second time into a software product, causing double entry and a chance for financial error?

Does your software product take an excessive percentage of credit card transactions? Such as a whopping 6%? RealDropzone allows you to use your own providers or ours, and the markup is only 0.35%.

Does your software vender charge hourly for support? We offer support as a part of the subscription.

It is very easy to lose $3,000 of profit in a single day because your system failed you.

The setup fee that I charge depends on the implementation, and it includes 1-3 weeks of ON SITE implementation and training. The full amount is then credited towards license fees.

The subscription also entitles you to RealWaiver, a full featured paperless waiver system, utilizing kiosks with electronic signature tablets.

The subscription also entitles you to RealRigger, a full featured product to keep track of your parachute usage and maintenance through a touch screen kiosk used by packers and rig maintenance personnel.

For you to claim that “You have a program that you pay $20 a month for that can basically accomplish the same thing” is nothing more than a demonstration that you do not fully understand exactly what RealDropzone is capable of. I would be happy to provide a live demonstration for you. There is simply no other product like it on the market, and it is a full featured business intelligence and management tool for dropzones. The full product is now being utilized at many of the most well-known drop zones in the country. It has seen more than 10,000 hours of product development. Every single implementation we do has added even more capability.

What product is it that you’re utilizing for $20/mo? I would be happy to overview the differences for you for that specific product.

RealSkydiving is a multi-employee business that has been supporting the industry since 2006, we've remained in business by offering innovative products not offered by others, and keeping our clients happy by adding value to their business everywhere we can. We're not taking that install fee and blowing it on new skydiving gear. The mark up on our services has always been very modest. It pays for onsite training and implementation and hosted server provisioning, as well as needed customizations to the product to fit your specific business needs. Any 'profit' gets re-invested back into new product development.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

There is another product on the market that has advanced features, well beyond JumpRun, that has run large dzs for a few years too. But it is also not $20 a month, nor would any DZO who wants to spend $20 a month be in the target audience for any of the advanced software offerings out there....:P No one could develop such a complex program, customized to the specific DZ, sold to a limited market and survive financially in that price range, as this is not an iPhone app sold to 1,000,000 people. Contact me if you are interested in additional information.