skydived19006

The Death of a Boogie

Sounds like Burning Sky at Burning Man: 60,000 attendees, wall to wall gifted booze, food, nudity (and sex, so my wife tells me) plus a PAC 10. If more jumpers sign up in advance, I think the organizers might be able to lay on more interesting planes. The photography problem is non-existent (unless some dick/dickette fails to self-regulate, which I don't think has happened yet)..

Did I mention the 90 foot bonfire? The spectacular scenery? The crazy art cars? Even crazier costumes? The Google/FacebookYahoo 'models' (no idea how they transact their business, as there's no commerce on the playa)? The mindblowing art and camps? All night discos (I'm showing my age here)? The list is endless - just needs firm commitment well in advance...

In fairness, I should mention Black Rock Desert is 5000 ft ASL, and can be quite warm. The high temps and altitude add 20% to your wing-loading. The diamond-hard playa makes no wind/down wind landings even more fun...

I been to a boogie and I've been to the boggie. I believe they were 3 days long, cause the first day, you went around and said hello to everyone you hadn't seen since last time, told lies, partied and maybe made a couple jumps. The second day you jumped, partied, IGLOT, partied, banquet, partied, band, partied. Third day, jumped, said good bye to everyone and told a few more lies. Then somewhere in the early 80's Roger freak brother came up to me and said: shit, these people are nuts, they actually came here to jump.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

jackwallace

I been to a boogie and I've been to the boggie. I believe they were 3 days long, cause the first day, you went around and said hello to everyone you hadn't seen since last time, told lies, partied and maybe made a couple jumps. The second day you jumped, partied, IGLOT, partied, banquet, partied, band, partied. Third day, jumped, said good bye to everyone and told a few more lies. Then somewhere in the early 80's Roger freak brother came up to me and said: shit, these people are nuts, they actually came here to jump.

I was a broke college student @ Southern Illinois when Roger called and 'invited' me up to the 1st Freak Brothers Convention...He twisted my arm with free registration & a few jumps after hearing how broke I was.

(I had to sell a kidney for gas money to get there, fortunately not MY kidney)

I'd known Roger & Carl since they started jumping so I took it to heart when he said, "Ya gotta make it to this thing, if it comes off the way I planned - they may NEVER let me do it again!"
:ph34r:

From the fragments of memory I can piece together...I think I had a pretty good time!
B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~