Marisan

HP From an Old Fart

>Last and ONLY canopy in the sky each time.

I know at least two people who almost killed other people at Perris by landing crosswind/downwind. They were both certain they were the only one in the sky. One of them was in fact protesting to the guy at the LZ that "I was the only one in the sky!" as the first jumper from the load after him landed next to him.

>Sorry buddy, NOT prepared to land downwind in 15mph wind.

Then don't jump.

>We used to call this common sense.

"Common sense" means not risking killing other jumpers on the load because you're not able to land your canopy with them. If you can't follow the traffic pattern - sit out the jump.

>After a thorough risk assessment I decided that the biggest risk to me landing last ,
>into the wind , was from all the other bozos on the ground who insisted on downwind
>HP landings ....

After a great many deaths, many DZO's are deciding that the one guy who decides to land against traffic is the bozo who needs grounding. And I have to say that's a good call.

>So Ian we are supposed to use our psychic ability and predict that someone is going
>to set a downwind landing pattern in a 15mph wind before we get onto the plane?

Nope. But feel free to land out if you want to land into the wind. You might have to walk, but if you feel that's safer for you than landing with traffic, go for it.

>So Ian we are supposed to use our psychic ability and predict that someone is going
>to set a downwind landing pattern in a 15mph wind before we get onto the plane?

Nope. But feel free to land out if you want to land into the wind. You might have to walk, but if you feel that's safer for you than landing with traffic, go for it.

Another reason I'm not a fan of "First man Down".
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

in reply to "And this is why, IMO, we as skydivers will not figure this out on our own. Everyone is selfish. The guy forcing everyone downwind and you deciding which way you want to land regardless of the direction set.

I've got a strong feeling we're big enough to work this out.
There's room in the sky for everyone if we work together.
I don't boss anyone around and I don't like being bossed around especially by dimwitted HP bozos.

"idea".... let the main landing area land into wind.

let the bozos land downwind..... somewhere else (eg swoop pond)... infront of their adoring crowd
:)

Now you're implying that if a person lands far enough away, then doing things such as following others into 15 mph downwind landings isn't expected. Is that what you mean?

Just a bit ago you said,

If you can't follow the traffic pattern - sit out the jump.

and,

DZO's are deciding that the one guy who decides to land against traffic is the bozo who needs grounding. And I have to say that's a good call.

The discussion should be about how landing far away, with a low speed, non-swoop pattern should be OK to avoid following others.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Now you're implying that if a person lands far enough away, then doing things such as
>following others into 15 mph downwind landings isn't expected. Is that what you mean?

Not really. What I mean is that if you are landing in a pattern with other jumpers you MUST follow the pattern. Period. Even if it means you land downwind. If you don't want to do that, then you have to land far enough away that you are not a factor in anyone else's pattern.