lauril

Funniest whuffo question

This happens all the time in other sports too. I have had lots of people tell me that they barefoot waterski but when you ask them questions is't apparent that they know nothing about the sport.

Just tell them that you do it while landing to rub it in their face.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

When I mentioned to a couple of coworkers that I fall faster than a lot of people, one of them insisted (INSISTED) that different fall rates are impossible because everything falls at the same speed. Everyone knows that, he said, it's basic knowledge from high school physics.

Yeah, ok. :S

When I mentioned to a couple of coworkers that I fall faster than a lot of people, one of them insisted (INSISTED) that different fall rates are impossible because everything falls at the same speed. Everyone knows that, he said, it's basic knowledge from high school physics.

I had a very similar conversation once, with someone who was trying to convince me I was being scammed by buying a weight belt. I tried for a bit to convince them otherwise, but eventually just gave up. :D

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Also for cocky tandem students, Ive heard one TM scare the shit out the student by telling him he's going to disconnect him completly under canopy. Gets them to stand on his feet, undoes lower clips as normal, makes noises like hes undoing the top ones, telling the student they're not connected to anything anymore, then quickly moving their feet.

I've done over 800 hundred tandems and never had a student like that. Occasionally you can get one in the grounds school that needs a minor attitude adjustment, but I've never seen that in the air.

I was hanging around the hanger after doing 2 of my jumps to get my a license and heard a guy ask my instructor what do you do when you jump out of the plane and hit a cloud, and my instructor with a straight face said to him we just run as fast as we can and jump off the other side and the guy said oh I guess that makes sense and walked away. I was just standing there with total amazement that they could believe such an answer.

I had one of my lifeguards convinced we have picnics on clouds on the nice fluffy days. I also convinced her that if you sit in one spot too long, you start to sink in, and you might have to wait until you sink all the way through, which can take up to 45 minutes. :D
cavete terrae.

Remember the cool video where the canopy is on fire??... Eloy holiday boogie 2004 there was a display with pictures of the stunt along with the burnt remains of the canopy. A few days of bad weather and the pictures and explaination had blown away leaving just the burnt remains of the canopy.

Anyone who's been at Eloy will now there are usually lots of older whuffos there watching the by the main landing area... I overheard a few older ladies looking at the canopy and trying to figure out what had happened...

"he must have been going too fast when he opened it"

.... I laughed so hard I had to walk away - I wish there had been another skydiver within earshot of that one it was priceless!! :D:)

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Friend who does the ground work on the beach where we land gets all sorts including "so where was the boat wif da big rope that towed all yous up??"

BSBD! -Mark.

Ps- A standard cutaway due to main main and landing perfectly without hassles in the same spot as everyone else usually ends in at least 10 people calling (In Aust.) 000 and having the cops, fire brigade and at least two ambulances going past us as we drive back to our base!!

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

Haha, yeah. One of my mates from the old rave scene saw my shiny new RW suit and said, "Dude, hotness! You have to wear that out to a warehouse."
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

well it is true, but he left out "in a vacum"

Which is kind of an important factor since, ya know, we don't skydive

in a vacuum.

unlees you got a really quality space craft to jump!
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward