lauril

Funniest whuffo question

Collegue saw a vid of me moving into flat fly formation and asked: How do you move to the other people? Is it like swimming? (SHowing hand gestures:ph34r:

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Collegue saw a vid of me moving into flat fly formation and asked: How do you move to the other people? Is it like swimming? (SHowing hand gestures:ph34r:

Whenever tandempassengers ask me that, I let them swim for the video :ph34r: Monkey-see-monkey-do: I swim, the tandempassenger responds, usually B|

ciel bleu,
Saskia

During the fall, I was wearing a thicker jumpsuit to stay relatively warm. A student who was about to go do a tandem jump looked at me and asked "Dang, weren't you hot up there?" I told him that no, it gets colder the higher you go, especially during the fall/winter.
He gave me a weird look and said "Wow, that's surprising. It should be hot up there because you are getting closer to the sun". It took all I had to not laugh out loud.
Paddle faster....I hear banjo music

Well I'm just a newbie at the end of my AFF's, but a couple of the questions that I've gotten...

"So the instructors are talking to you during freefall telling you what to do, right?"

"What do you mean they let go of you and don't stay with you after you pull the chute, is that safe?"

funny stuff, the way my friends/coworkers act about my new hobby :)

Got one last night from one of my tennants. He asked how fast we fall, from what height we jumped, what height we open at, and then.....

"So, to which mountain do you go?"

As if there is a 13k feet mountain just outside of town. I WISH!!!:ph34r:

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.

We have a building where I work that could easily accommodate indoor BASE jumps...
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/facilities/vab.html

Meh...so you work in a two-car garage....meh.
:D:D
Lucky bastard.
:P

As mentioned earlier, I'm sure....
"What if the second parachute doesn't open?"
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

We have a building where I work that could easily accommodate indoor BASE jumps...
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/facilities/vab.html

Meh...so you work in a two-car garage....meh.
:D:D
Lucky bastard.
:P

Well, not really lucky. He COULD jump but actually CAN'T. Must be hell, huh?
BTW: There's "Tropical Islands" (clicky) in the state of Brandenburg, was an assembly hall for the "Cargolifter" Zeppelins that went bankrupt. They do legal BASE jumps there once a year AFAIK. 106 metres at least. not too bad. (I'd never do it, though ;-)

As mentioned earlier, I'm sure....
"What if the second parachute doesn't open?"

Follow the light! B|:P:)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I work in Central Juvenile Hall here in LA. I gave the kids in my unit a class on sky diving and showed a couple of vids including "the gypsy moths". One of the kids asked me "how many times can you jump with out a parachute?"

depending on how old, that's not too bad a question! :D

i gave a lecture in french classes this year, when one of the other teachers knew about it, their class joined too. brought the gear including a wingsuit and showed a couple videos. out of planned 20 minutes became like an hour and a half. let them hold and touch the gear, did a little packing-class.

everyone was amazed and fascinated. not many have seen or really heard much about the sport, except the one or two tandems. some pretty standard and not-so-standard questions. it was fun and good! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I work with kids.
And they all ask two questions
1) Were you scared on your first jump.

and

2) How can I do that
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It's very rare you find a kid who doesn't want to jump. They're not as uptight as adults. Vskydiver and I made a couple of demos years ago into our kids' school. All the kids loved it. Our kids actually wanted to hang out with us in front of their friends too. :)

haha, how rare is that!? :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

It's very rare you find a kid who doesn't want to jump. They're not as uptight as adults. Vskydiver and I made a couple of demos years ago into our kids' school. All the kids loved it. Our kids actually wanted to hang out with us in front of their friends too. :)

Very few of my kids give a shit about my skydiving:ph34r:
Some of their lives are way more extreme than mine[:/]
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well, you know none of my kids became skydivers, but they tend to see the positive side, the excitement and joy, a lot more than most adults do. So many adults just see the down side.

My kid (now 14) spent just about every weekend of the first 6 years of his life hanging out at Zhills. Skydiving (and skydivers) never impressed him and he still has no opinion, good or bad. He doesn't have an aversion to it ...just not impressed at all. I've even suggested that he take some of my own equipment and videos for show-and-tell at school and it obviously wasn't cool enough for him to bother with it. (He did have some interest in the planes, though.)

I felt like a wuffo a short while ago. Friend told me he did the training, and on their way to boarding point, a person bounced right in front of them, and they cancelled their jumps. I thought, yeah right, my ass, and left it there. I know the club, and I know there was no "bounce".

Turns out, there was a low cutaway, and it actually happened. :S

I felt like a wuffo a short while ago. Friend told me he did the training, and on their way to boarding point, a person bounced right in front of them, and they cancelled their jumps. I thought, yeah right, my ass, and left it there. I know the club, and I know there was no "bounce".

Turns out, there was a low cutaway, and it actually happened. :S

I had a friend who actually made her first S/L jump after a bounce at the DZ, same afternoon. Wow, that was, I don't know, determination?:S

This sure is a long lost thread. Reading my posts above, my son now has his A license and IS working for the FAA. Year and a half can bring many changes. :)