lauril

Funniest whuffo question

I once had two old ladies tell me they had a friend whose son was into skydiving. But one time as soon as he got out of the plane he opened his mouth and swallowed :S air and he got really sick.

I asked if he maybe was into scuba diving but they assured me it was skydiving.

They also told me that they were sure I was taught about these stuff since I was there...

I was in the train on my way to the dropzone. We had a good laugh before jumping.:ph34r:

Im still a newbie in this world. Only done AFF 1-8 and four consols but had to mention a stupid question i heard in training.

Quote" somebody told me after their first tandem jump they went home that night, had half a glass of wine and was completely trashed, apparently it was something to do with the oxygen overload and adreneline plus alcohol. Should I avoid drinking tonight?"

The instructor looked at them as if they were completely stupid.

Only problem was the idiot asking the question was ME!!

I know better now!!

Im still a newbie in this world. Only done AFF 1-8 and four consols but had to mention a stupid question i heard in training.

Quote" somebody told me after their first tandem jump they went home that night, had half a glass of wine and was completely trashed, apparently it was something to do with the oxygen overload and adreneline plus alcohol. Should I avoid drinking tonight?"

The instructor looked at them as if they were completely stupid.

Only problem was the idiot asking the question was ME!!

I know better now!!

Yeah dude that was pretty stupid. I hope you paid attention to your instructors very closely....
http://3ringnecklace.com/

So, I showed a co-worker some skydiving pictures today. The first one showed me jumping off a hot air balloon (Thank you Eloy!).

She stares at it in silence for a while. Clearly shocked. Then she asks me:

So, were you wearing a parachute?

I nearly fell of my chair laughing. Yes, dear co-worker I did wear a parchute. Do you think I would be sitting here otherwise????

My friend got a great one the other day...

a coworker was looking over his shoulder and happened to see my MSN picture (it's me exiting a helicopter). He said, "wouldn't he be in danger of getting sucked up into the blades?"

My friend was pretty quick. He said "WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!"

(STR)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Got that one to haha :)
*Watching video (from camera jumper helmet)*

You're jumping all alone???

Me: "who do you think is filming me?"

yeah but I mean outside the plane. I mean...do you go back in the plane or just land on your own?

Me: "the camera guy is freefalling with me, we both exited the plane and fell away"

REALLY?!

thought it was a reaaally odd question ;)

Ya know, as a mom and grandma, I'd be thrilled to see my kids/grandkids (later, I'm not that old) get into skydiving. It's so much better and safer than drugs!

well i'm not that sure- it's addictive, expansive and might kill you. some people will do practically anything for a slot. isn't that why drugs are bad? :P

I got "what do you do if you have to pee?"
which I answered with "roll over and pee up- wouldn't want to pee upwind now would I"

And of course all the "are you an instructor now?" upon getting my A and "why would you do it if it isn't scary any more?"
It took me a while to figure out that people think skydiving is about the fear of the jump, kinda like bunjee jumping. made some quastions a lot more reasonable (why do you need a 1000 jumps to be a TI if you're not afraid and can open your parachute?, why would you jump more then a couple of times in the same DZ?...)

Blue ones

I'm new to the sport, and my whuffo moment was, "why don't i get sucked out of the plane when the door opens"

Last weekend, I asked a new solo jumper to open the door (just open it, no spotting) and he was reaal nervous about it, feeling he was going to fall out. He did NOT have a problem with sticking his head out the door for spotting which he'd done before, just opening the sliding door which he hadn't.

Of course, after I "made" him do it he was like "that was no big deal and I didn't fall out" :D

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hi everyone!

Last weekend a woman who was about to jump in a tandem with her friend in another one asked if it was possible to share a cameraman, she was clearly convinced that he could get back somehow and jump again... Hard to believe it wasn't a misunderstanding but when an instructor told her it was not possible to jump out of a plane and get back she replied: "Oh, really?".

some people asked me if a skydiver must pay for jumps!!!

Skydiving is free. It's those pesky plane rides...

It wasn't that stupid. In many countries skydiving was long considered a military activity so it was subsidized. Courses lasted for months and few were determined enough to get to actual jumping but you could basically do it for free.