-ftp-

AFF student leaves plane without instructor

This video just made my day, i don't think iv ever laughed so hard in my life. Was so great how the camera was pointing to pull the whole time and he just continues on with a giant smile!
Being a student my self, i wonder what discussion went down after. Obviously yes, if you're ever in freefall without an instructor in AFF....PULL! but this guy was just riding it out and kept checking his Alt., he was having the time of his life up there and i think he even did the entire level 5 dive flow ALONE and ON VIDEO so i wonder if he passed? I would laugh even more if i found out!

Conspiracy

This video just made my day, i don't think iv ever laughed so hard in my life. Was so great how the camera was pointing to pull the whole time and he just continues on with a giant smile!
Being a student my self, i wonder what discussion went down after. Obviously yes, if you're ever in freefall without an instructor in AFF....PULL! but this guy was just riding it out and kept checking his Alt., he was having the time of his life up there and i think he even did the entire level 5 dive flow ALONE and ON VIDEO so i wonder if he passed? I would laugh even more if i found out!

Post 16 - In the comments section of the video, the student said he did all his scheduled tasks, knowing it was on video and the instructor passed him after viewing the video on the ground.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***This video just made my day, i don't think iv ever laughed so hard in my life. Was so great how the camera was pointing to pull the whole time and he just continues on with a giant smile!

Post 16 - In the comments section of the video, the student said he did all his scheduled tasks, knowing it was on video and the instructor passed him after viewing the video on the ground.

:D

Conspiracy

Obviously yes, if you're ever in freefall without an instructor in AFF....PULL! but this guy was just riding it out and kept checking his Alt.,

1 - on release dives (Cat C and beyond) the typical instruction is to continue the dive regardless of instructors present or not. The student did exactly his job. (So not so 'obvious')

2 - Likely the Cameraman was not an AFFI - or he'd have known this and not confused the student with a premature pull signal. (but kudos for trying to communicate - even if wrong - and not taking grips when not qualified.) Excellent judgement to not try and take grips or dock on the student. Not her job.

3 - So even better on the part of the student to stick with the plan despite the interference of the cameraman. He demostrated turns and alti awareness very well. Good stability recovery. Too bad he didn't have an instructor to show fwd motion and docking. Needs to maintain body position through the pull - typical.

4 - Good video work. Nice jump. If my student, I'd be very proud.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Would the pilot be able to help him at that point? It's a 182, he's not that far from him.

Not sure exactly, what model the plane shown in this video precisely is - but, quite clearly - it is in fact not a 182. That much is for absolutely sure.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Scrumpot

Would the pilot be able to help him at that point? It's a 182, he's not that far from him.

Not sure exactly, what model the plane shown in this video precisely is - but, quite clearly - it is in fact not a 182. That much is for absolutely sure.

This is definitely not a 182. It is a Pilatus Porter. MUCH bigger than a 182. lol. But even if it was a 182.... The pilot shouldn't help until it becomes a life risk to the pilot and the rest of the jumpers. He needs to focus on flying. There are other jumpers behind him in the plane that I am sure helped. xD
Carpe Diem, even if it kills me

Couple years ago launching a 4way from the step of a 182, one of the jumpers bootie got caught in the front corner of the step.
He was hanging there upside down, and after a couple of minutes the pilot had to cut the suit with a knife to set the jumper free.
I know there is video from the hanging jumpper's view but I cant find it. This is the pilot version right after landing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmS8YBAb2HM
HISPA #93
DS #419.5