HeadFirstDave

ALL Gear Stolen - Colorado

Hey guys,
Thanks for reading this. Mine and a buddy's gear were stolen out of my car this weekend, near Colorado Springs, Colorado. We were both lucky that our sky rigs were at the DZ for a repack, but we'd still love your help in tracking down about $15,000 worth of gear that was stolen.

We lost

2 Ghost wingsuits
One red and black, sized for about 6'
One black, red and dark blue, sized for about 5'10"

2 Bad Seed BASE rigs.
One red and black, red and black canopy
One white and black, black and white canopy

Black Bonehead Mamba, N2, Solo II, laser range finders, Phantom X lenses.

I know not all of this is identifiable, but we're trying to cast a wide net to catch these guys if they try to make money on it.

Thank you very much!

Blue Skies!

-Dave

HeadFirstDave

Hey guys,
Thanks for reading this. Mine and a buddy's gear were stolen out of my car this weekend, near Colorado Springs, Colorado. We were both lucky that our sky rigs were at the DZ for a repack, but we'd still love your help in tracking down about $15,000 worth of gear that was stolen.

We lost

2 Ghost wingsuits
One red and black, sized for about 6'
One black, red and dark blue, sized for about 5'10"

2 Bad Seed BASE rigs.
One red and black, red and black canopy
One white and black, black and white canopy

Black Bonehead Mamba, N2, Solo II, laser range finders, Phantom X lenses.

I know not all of this is identifiable, but we're trying to cast a wide net to catch these guys if they try to make money on it.

Thank you very much!

Blue Skies!

-Dave

I absolutely HATE dishonest people that would steal someones stuff like this.

I hope they get what is coming to them.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Keep an eye on the BASE incidents forum. They'll likely wind up there.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Capt. Don Pinover of the Fremont County Sheriff's Office said this morning in a press release, that 40 year old Ronald Walter Rice was arrested when he attempted to sell stolen skydiving equipment to a skydiving company at the Fremont County Airport Monday. An employee of the skydiving company alerted sheriff's deputies after Rice called the company trying to sell skydiving equipment. The company had been aware of an earlier theft of skydiving equipment in El Paso County. Deputies arrested Rice when he met with the skydiving company employee and attempted to sell the equipment valued at more than $9,000. Rice gave deputies a false name at the time of his arrest and detention deputies discovered a controlled substance during booking. He was booked into the FC Detention Center on charges of felony theft, criminal impersonation, false reporting to authorities, and introducing contraband in the 1st degree and was held on a $2,000 bond. Rice bonded out yesterday

MEDIA RELEASE - Felony Theft Suspect Arrested
October 17, 2013
A 40 year old Penrose man was arrested Tuesday (10/15/13) afternoon when he attempted to sell stolen skydiving equipment to a skydiving company at the Fremont County Airport. Ronald Walter Rice was booked into the Fremont County Detention Center on charges of felony theft, criminal impersonation, false reporting to authorities and introducing contraband in the 1st degree and held on a $2,000.00 bond. (Rice bonded out on 10/16/13)
An employee of the skydiving company alerted sheriff’s deputies after Rice called the company trying to sell skydiving equipment. The company had been aware of an earlier theft of skydiving equipment in El Paso County. Deputies arrested Rice when he met with the skydiving company employee and attempted to sell the skydiving equipment valued at over $9,000.00.
Rice gave deputies a false name at the time of his arrest and detention deputies discovered a controlled substance on his person during booking.

...and was held on a $2,000 bond. Rice bonded out yesterday

Well at least the gear was recovered. This guy is long gone[:/] I will say, though, that it's incredibly awesome (usually) how close knit the skydiving community is. This goes to show how the vast majority of "regular people" just don't get it.