Nightingale

Skydiving for 15 year old?

I don't know Natalie. I just saw the news reports and thought "skydiving... I'm sure we can figure that one out!"

These are the numbers of people that know the family and organized the Bucket List fundraisers.

Misty Speakman 541-260-4454 or Kayla Kintner 541-404-4105.

We've heard back from Jesse at USPA. A waiver has been issued for Natalie to skydive, and she's good to jump at any dropzone in the US that will accept her. We have been told that Skydive Oregon will not permit anyone under 18 to jump, which is their right, however, Skydive Kapowsin will take her as a jumper, weather permitting (GO KAPOWSIN!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!). Kapowsin is quite a drive from Coos Bay (7 hours, I'm told), but at least there is an option now, again, weather permitting.

I am also checking with Southern California dropzones, as one of Natalie's other wishes is to visit Los Angeles. If she is going to be here anyway, perhaps Perris or Elsinore would be options as well, and the weather is a bit more reliable.

We've heard back from Jesse at USPA. A waiver has been issued for Natalie to skydive, and she's good to jump at any dropzone in the US that will accept her.

:ph34r:Good job!

Does she know she's allowed to jump yet? (Or her helpers know?)

There's a difference between being allowed and finding a DZ that can take her that she can get to. We're working through the details and coming up with a list of DZs that are willing to take an underage jumper in her situation so she can choose what will be most convenient.

i am working on the angel flight west. i would be willing to fly her in a 182 from SF to LA and back.. if someone could do the OR to SF leg , that would make it easier. we are trying to work the angel flight west angle as well. sounds like the socal part is coming together :)
dont let life pass you by

You rock, Ed. I hope you guys are able to make that happen.

Has anyone been in touch with her family yet? My concern is that we've got a lot of activity (BSR waivers, lining up DZs, AngelFlights, etc.) but unless I'm mistaken her family is not aware of it. I'm concerned we might get all this lined up and then end up with her folks nixing the idea for various fears for her safety, etc.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

skwrl,, i have spoke with misty twice who is a family friend, she is working on the forms for the angel flight.. i mentioned we are working on the skydiving and balloon in the LA area. so i am pretty sure they know. ill try to get more info from misty tomorrow !!

P
dont let life pass you by

I don't think they could've done the BSR waiver without her parents being involved (please correct me if I'm wrong). When we heard back from Jesse, she said the BSR waiver had already been done prior to us asking about it, so we had nothing to do with that, but that Skydive Oregon wouldn't let her jump. Perris and Kapowsin will, provided their tandem manufacturers agree as long as Natalie's doctor clears her medically, both her parents (if applicable) sign the waiver, and at least one accompanies her to the dropzone.

So, it could happen. Once we hear back from the tandem manufacturer, which is the last hurdle on our end, it's time to contact Natalie's people. We don't want to call and say "hey, these DZs will let you jump!" and then get a no from the gear company. We want all our ducks in a row so we don't risk disappointing a kid.

So that's where we're at.

-N-

UPT - a great bunch of folks - very graciously agreed to the waive. They're getting in touch with Perris shortly.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

/happysnoopydance!

That was our last duck to put into the skydiving row. Now...to get Natalie to Perris...

Depending on the date, if Natalie lands in L.A. and needs a ride, I can drive her out to Perris. I'd also love to jump with her, if her Tandem Master is ok with me flying with them, or I can just be there for support. Whatever Natalie needs and wants is good with me. :)

wolfriverjoe

Natalie died today. She never did make her jump.

But she did a lot of things on her bucket list.

This is very sad to hear. I hope she is at peace and had the long list of life experiences she desired in the short time she was with us.
Let us hope they skydive in wherever we go next...
You are not the contents of your wallet.