tdog

No more cramming in "aging otters"

It's been a minute since I have been around the G5 line; but if I remember the door sits kind of half infront and half past the engine.

It's a tiny door though, like maybe 2'x2' give or take a few inches.

The first time I walked into Gulfstream's flight test hanger, I noticed the door on the G5 thats parked in there... I instantly started wondering if it was jumpable. I'm glad to find that someone has answered my question.

DrDom

***I wonder how much that STC cost to develop as well as how much it costs, to buy.

Very interesting...:)

Oh... a G550 would not be a reasonable investment for a DZ. They live somewhere in the 30-40 million range with Twotters being more in the 1.5 million range.

Its a good concept but... why?

you could probably find in the upper 20 million dollar range. Only 1 million jumps and the operating DZ will break even. This could work

chemist

you could probably find in the upper 20 million dollar range. Only 1 million jumps and the operating DZ will break even. This could work

If can pack 25 people in there, and make 20 flights per day, you need 2000 days. That is about 8-10 years. Just to pay the aircraft. To also cover maintenance, fuel and salaries the jumptickets would have to be significantly more expensive. And forget about making group exits of more than 2 people, meaning that lots of people would refuse to use that aircraft. I don't think that could work, but if somebody wants to give it a try I would love to have one single jump out of it.

Deimian

If can pack 25 people in there, and make 20 flights per day, you need 2000 days. That is about 8-10 years. Just to pay the aircraft. To also cover maintenance, fuel and salaries the jumptickets would have to be significantly more expensive. And forget about making group exits of more than 2 people, meaning that lots of people would refuse to use that aircraft. I don't think that could work, but if somebody wants to give it a try I would love to have one single jump out of it.

What we need is one of those "stupid rich" people in the world to get into skydiving. That would get us a jet. Maybe even one with a bigger door and the engine more properly placed.

Or hit lotto

If I hit lotto I'll buy a jet. I'll do jump tickets to cover fuel and maintenance.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

ya it requires a $100,000 annual inspection, and engine needs to be redid every 10 years for about $200,000 that's based on threads of the DC9 Jet on dropzone so take this info with a grain of salt.

One way to get Jets into skydiving is using cargo ships. The plane has to be generating revenue doing other jobs other than skydiving, it cannot sustain itself on jump tickets alone.