grandmaster95

Just a Picture

DZ suggested I share a picture apparently, so here it is ;)

This is from our Halloween Boogie at Skydive Mesquite in Nevada. My girlfriend and I decided it would be a good idea to try some acrobatics from the skid of heli.

Heli jumps were courtesy of Savage Air, add them on Facebook.
Turn to the storm and say, "Give your worst, and I shall give my best."

I agree, Nick is a great guy! Lots of fun to be around.

Boogers

Nice!

So just how the heck did you get her down there like that? Did she crawl down your belly? Start out with both sideways and swing vertical? How?

I got down on the skid first, turned around so I was facing towards the inside of the heli, and then hung from my legs. She then kneeled on the skid and grabbed on to my leg straps and extended her arms. Then she lifted her legs up to my hands so I could grab her ankles and she let go.

We managed to hold this position for about 3 seconds before my legs started to slide off the skid due to the slight swing it created when she let go.

GoPro 3 Black was mounted to the tail of the heli.

Lets just say we practiced it in the hanger for about 20 minutes before we made the attempt.

We have another idea we want to try for our next heli jump. I"ll post it when we do it. :)

I talked to him afterwards and he said it wasn't an issue while we were hanging out there. After the release he said it went sideways a bit but wasn't a hard correction.

The pilot and passenger were both on the right side, and we were hanging from the left. We are about 300 pounds with all of our gear together.