CSpenceFLY

Rumor of someone throwing a record attempt. (Intentional screwing up to keep an existing record in tact)

grue

***I can't remember the last time I even met someone at a Cali DZ that actually was from California originally.

Far more people are mid-west transplants or from overseas...

I'll be willing to grandfather in anyone that has either experienced a riot, an earthquake 6.0 or greater in magnitude, or been trapped in a "lockdown" during an active shooter situation.

My passport says "california" for my place of birth B|

Surrender your passport NOW you imposter! B|

MalcolmR

Simon's Life Philosophy from Parachutist: I try to jump more and philosophize less, but Bill and Ted said it best: “Be excellent to each other; and party on, dudes!”

Wow.

http://parachutistonline.com/columns/profiles/simon-bones-d-28573

I bet he could answer this differently:

What has been your worst skydiving moment?
I had a drogue-reserve entanglement that kept the reserve slider stuck all the way up after a container lock on a tandem. I spent terrifying time trying to bring the knot down the reserve lines in order to get the slider down. At the time, I had fewer than 100 tandem jumps and did not understand how it would be possible to container lock a Sigma tandem rig. My ignorance put me and my passenger in a potentially fatal situation. Thankfully, we both walked away with only bumps and bruises.
You will never be more alive than you are the instant you let go!

Elisha

sass and myself are "Cali" originals...maybe hookitt too. And no one from California refers to anything as "Cali". It is NorCal, SoCal (or even LoCal for San Diego area).

I'm from Montana but was born in a different State.

Been here 25 years so I guess I'm local now. I'm calling it Cali from now on. Just like the exploding fist bump, I'll help keep it popular.

Edit: Look on a map, really we are more MidCal than NorCal
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Elisha

Haven't really heard much precedence of "MidCal", but not opposed. I just can't accept Cali, but will tolerate it in small doses.

:)

Only acceptable when referring to the Colombian city.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Elisha

Haven't really heard much precedence of "MidCal", but not opposed. I just can't accept Cali, but will tolerate it in small doses.

:)

Good thing we don't hang out much.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

davelepka

Majorsky - this post is not directed at you, you just won the 'last post in the thread' lotto.

FYI when you reply/quote someone you can manually edit the subject line so that it doesn't look like you're responding to anyone particular.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Instead of calling for banning him I think he had a valid point thinking his record was being stolen.

What?! I mean really, what?

"His record", "stealing records", where do you get off?!

You're gonna justify that breach of safety and trust, over an ego driven dick move?

Don't ever get on an airplane with me.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I think travelling freeflyers from California going to big-ways should now get t-shirts that say "Cali-prick" on the front. We need to know who you are. :D

Edit: Or even better, the organizers of the new Texas state record should get everyone on the new record a Cali-pricks shirt.

I am ashamed to say that Simon "dick head" Bones worked at Skydive Suffolk a while back if he shows his face around here not Only will he not be welcome I hope I can reframe from slapping his punk ass..You knew better you are better was it REALLY worth it ? Remember me telling you more than once " Your only as good as your last jump"? Maybe you can dig your way out of this one day Simon I don't know. I have been jumping for 32 years and what you did I must admit is a first for me..Trust is hard to earn and damn easy to lose..you are truly a selfish person :(

Larry Pennington
Teach by the way you live
www.skydivesuffolk.com

Elisha

sass and myself are "Cali" originals...maybe hookitt too. And no one from California refers to anything as "Cali". It is NorCal, SoCal (or even LoCal for San Diego area).

I was born and raised in California, and this "Cali" thing is rather humorous. No one from California ever called the CHP Chips, either. :S Sheesh.

Posers! :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Everyone, please remember that Simon is a member of these forums. The no PA rule still applies in this situation. Don't get yourself banned over this.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think it's worth noting that the blood-lust in this matter is unbecoming. Everyone screws up. What he did was wrong, on many levels, but since he isn't here defending his actions, seems like he's not proud of it. He's got a long road ahead of him to repair the damage from this, and everyone deserves the chance to redeem themselves.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

This isn't a screw-up!
This was an intentional fuck you and intentionally put others at risk on the jump.
People typically spend a ton of cash on record attempt trips.
People would be expected to be pissed the hell off after someone pulled a punk move like this.
I was happy to see they stuck him with the tab for the load too.

His facebook comments clearly show he made a conscious decision to do this. He admitted what he intentionally did. He didn't "screw-up".

rrmtopo

Since he's about to graduate college, would suck if his new employer asks to review his social media.......

This company?

HOLY SHIT YESSS!! Just got a SUPER bad ass job offer with my #1 choice, Burns & McDonnell, for after graduation!!! Salary, signing bonus, annual bonuses, company stock payments, all the bells and whistles!!! Graduation is soooooo far away! 7 more weeks! #18 Fortune magazine best companies to work for :D
Very soon, an honest person will not be able to sing the last 2 lines of our National Anthem:::Practice safe dining....use condiments