diverdriver

DiverDriver.com is back!!!

DiverDriver.com

PRESS RELEASE

After a brief hiatus, DiverDriver.com is back! The website, created in December 2000 by former jump pilot Chris Schindler, has been a leader in bringing the latest safety information to pilots worldwide who fly skydivers. The website has helped lower the overall accident rate of jump planes year over year by featuring detailed guidelines for flying several aircraft types as jump aircraft, a compilation of jump plane accidents worldwide, jump pilot training syllabus, formation flying guidelines, and much more.

“Having a collected experience of SOP’s for jump operations and different aircraft was priceless for me when I started,” says Twin Otter pilot Jeff Gladish. “Every time I’d fly a new aircraft, in addition to studying the AFM, this site could help me to fit that info into a jump operation. ”

“I was directed to the site as soon as I was hired,” adds Caravan pilot Shaun Lee. “The site helped me more than the person who was training me. The site is a go-to source for new jump pilots everywhere.”

Now remodeled and relaunched, DiverDriver.com continues to provide best practices and training for pilots who fly skydivers at hundreds of drop zones around the world. Among the updates are revisions to the accident section to provide more commentary, listings of accidents by aircraft type and cause as well as by year, a freefall drift simulator, and a blog for first-person accounts of jump pilot “life lessons” and Q&A.

“DiverDriver.com is my personal choice for information where it concerns skydiving pilots,” says Rabbitt Staib, beta tester and chief pilot at Skydive Spaceland. “Chris has taken his experience and the experience of seasoned jump pilots and has presented it in an excellent format for newer and other seasoned jump pilots to use.”

Blue skies and soft landings from the DiverDriver.com team.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

EppyNephrine

***The website, created in December 2000 by former jump pilot Chris Schindler, has been a leader in bringing the latest safety information to pilots worldwide who fly skydivers.

So what you're saying is that Mr. Chris Schindler has a list of safety information?

No, I think he's saying he's got a whole website. :D:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

freefalljason

Thank you for such a great resource! I just sent the link to our fairly new jump pilot :)
Do you have plans to add the Cessna Caravan?

Thanks again and Blue Skies!
Jason

Yes, I have someone that is writing a section on the C-208 standard AND modified versions. Keep checking back.

King Air section should be added THIS week.

Spread the word. I believe this coming spring we could have the most informed and well rounded group of DiverDrivers yet.

Be safe out there. And...stay OFF my LIST ;)
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I'm no jump pilot, but I've hung off a few planes. I notice that the 750XL section doesn't mention anything about stalls with big groups?

I've been in a couple that have stalled when a 12-16 way was the jump. With 5-7 outside and the rest of the divers near the tail, the pilot didn't have enough power/control authority to stop the thing from stalling. Shortly afterwards[1], the DZ instituted a rule that if anything bigger than an 8-way was being launched, the divers had to remain up near the pilot 'til the floaters left.

Worth including? Or old, outdated info?

[1] about 10 minutes, from memory.

bob.dino

I'm no jump pilot, but I've hung off a few planes. I notice that the 750XL section doesn't mention anything about stalls with big groups?

I've been in a couple that have stalled when a 12-16 way was the jump. With 5-7 outside and the rest of the divers near the tail, the pilot didn't have enough power/control authority to stop the thing from stalling. Shortly afterwards[1], the DZ instituted a rule that if anything bigger than an 8-way was being launched, the divers had to remain up near the pilot 'til the floaters left.

Worth including? Or old, outdated info?

[1] about 10 minutes, from memory.

We'll get it in there.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125