Cloudfly

AFF 4, main deploys reserve?

Oooh a Belgian dropzone!

His instable pulling position, causes the bridle to wrap around the cutaway handle.

All student equipment in that club is equipped with a RSL (Stevens cutaway system), so when the main parachute leaves, it pull out the reserve pin by a little lanyard, causing the reserve to launch (as it should).

He's a bit panicky through out the jump, but you can clearly see him reaching for his handles AFTER the main cutaway. Good reaction! I just hope he wasn't looking for the cutaway for to long! :)

At 00:49 and 01:05 you can clearly see the cutaway pillow, and it looks (it's just a video, and therefor this is a guess). I think I even see a bit of the cutaway cables there. Might not be stowed properly, might be worn out velcro, might of gotten a little pull in the airplane. Just assumptions.

And even if it isn't loose, it's a good reminder to check yourself again before you leave the plane!

mahonie10

When he rolled during deployment the bridal of the main caught his cutaway handle and released the main and the RSL pulled the reserve.

It certainly looks like it.
Wow, just wow. If a guy with 10000 jumps TRIES to do that, he wouldn't be able to. LOL
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.