D22369

so what is the nicest thing anyone on the dz has done for you?

At Perris back in the 80's...had a function on a 20 way.

As is my habit I followed the main down landing WAY off in the toolies...I landed next to the main, turned around and Tom Allen was standing there.

"I'll get the freebag for ya" was all he said.

Tom knew what I was doing but followed ME down to make sure I landed okay. An act of kindness I never forgot, one seldom seen then or now. :)

Double malfunction at Elsinore in the 90's...couple lines over on a square reserve. In a rush with a hook knife I missed the line(s) I meant to cut and got a couple I shouldn't have. Some more mid-air rigging got the spin slowed enough to be survivable but still smacked the planet fairly hard.

5 minutes later in the packing area...a buddy handed me his rig & slot on the next load. "Go make one quick before ya think about THIS one too much"

REALLY nice thing to do...!! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Lost Prairie a few years ago. We were doing a 16 way fax meet. The Twotter pilot had never flown a 16 way chunking exit before and was a bit nervous. Let's just say the results of an over amped jump run had me unconscious in freefall for the first and only time ever. I came to my senses a bit, got in the base and rode a headache to break off.

The pilot sincerely apologized over and over and bought everyone on the 16 way and the camera flyer a jump ticket.

Classy.

Sunset load turned a night jump.....

My chick parks the car with lights on showing wind direction, middle of the LZ. (and she is not a jumper)

To top this, a cold beer for each jumper on the cars roof.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

I am not at the age to where i can jump yet so i cant say anything about jumping, but the nicest thing anyone has done for me at the DZ would probably be when we had a weather delay and the pilot took time out of his day to start teaching me about flying. And then the next week the dropzone owner took me u for a ride in his 182! And beleive it or not that was the first time i had ever flown in anything.

well, a few things..:)
I had a video camera come loose off my helmet @ deployment:(
I was able to find it the next morning but It was all smashed to pieces, ( about 4 or 5 ).. I was pretty bummed out...:(
The next weekend i was handed a Greeting Card Stuffed with singles, 5s, 10s, and a couple of 20s along with multiple signatures, good wishes and thanks,,, " for alll the videos and stills that You share ":)

Then when i was grounded on "the injured reserve list " and moping around the DZ... my buddy Joey came over and said " hey Jimmy, why don't I take You on a tandem" ?? Whoa !! the thought never crossed My mind but when He suggested it,,, I was ALL about Doing It!!!
... and what FUN we had..that was damn thoughtful of Him and though we "debated" on when to turn Base leg and when to turn final,:):S;) I deferred to His judgement, and he put us In the Damn Middle of the Peas!!! Only had to pay for the slots AND i got a Certificate... for my One and Only tandem jump.. made 33 Years AFTER my first static Line !!!
Oh , and folks from THIS site also MADE my day, a time or two.. Bertusgeert (for whom i had once covered his USPA annual membership when he lamented that $$$ was tight, and "should he just let it lapse"? ) Called our DZ and Put 4 jumps on my account,,,, right outta NOWHERE...:o I gave One of 'em to a newbie who had much more enthusiam for the sport ,, than he had finances ) Thanks B.,,,,, and I enjoyed the others....
Then,, on a special ( to me ) day, i landed from a jump to learn that a wonderful couple from F L A ( You KNOW who you ARE ) had called and put $$$ On my account soas to treat me to some jumps that day.....
those..... and many many simple smaller and NICE gestures, offers of assistance, packjobs when we were busy, and kind words....
hell I woullda given UP the sport.. looong ago,, if NOT for these sort of occasions and special moments. i try to pay it forward whenever i CAN....

jmy

Way too many great things have happened over the years and great people in the sport are just too many to just mention one, but.....

Wife used to pack for me before she did her first tandem.... and oh that was sweet!! Damn my friends who talked her into that first jump....
Dano

stinkyho

It seems as if you have a vagina you're 10000 times more likely to have something nice done for you. I see chicks with just a few jumps invited on multi-ways all of the time. I wish I had a vagina >:(

I'm pretty sure they have surgeries to take care of it.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

airtwardo

***You can buy them too.:|

You mean rent...

Google "fleshlight"

:P

I'm on my work computer and don't need THAT kind of attention today. :D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Received a killlller bj from a student after filming her tandem. Love Eloy and the hot chicks there. Boom...

What an accomplishment. Cheif, there's some things a man just as well keep to himself. This is one of them. It's offensive and sexist. Maybe you've heard about the rule that instructors are morally obligated to abstain from sexual activities with paying customers? If you knew that, then this little scenario tells us just what kind of guy you really are, which is hardly anything to be proud of.

Best-
Richard

Back in 2000 or so, I was having a really good day at SDSM. At the time Phil & Deb Chappell owned it. It was around the end of the day when I dirt dived with a couple of really great gals there, never jumped with them before so I thought it was odd. We get loaded up, and I was outside the Otter waiting one the "GO" Well I left but they stayed and I thought *&%^$# What's this? Next instant, Phil, Allen and the entire load jumped and we were in a speed star from hell! God I was soooo exited it wasn't even funny. I remember running around the DZ and Deb said "Richard, you haven't stopped smiling yet, you must have "PermaGrin!" One of the best days of my life to finally be accepted into their world! A memory I will cherish the rest of my life! Then the ceremony, another story for another day! It ranks as the 2nd nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

Best-
Richard

rwieder

Received a killlller bj from a student after filming her tandem. Love Eloy and the hot chicks there. Boom...

What an accomplishment. Cheif, there's some things a man just as well keep to himself. This is one of them. It's offensive and sexist. Maybe you've heard about the rule that instructors are morally obligated to abstain from sexual activities with paying customers? If you knew that, then this little scenario tells us just what kind of guy you really are, which is hardly anything to be proud of.

Best-
Richard

No dog in the fight on this one, but he said he videoed the jump... so he wasn't her instructor.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

rwieder

Best-
Richard

Good thing IM not an instructor or I would be in a lot of trouble...:ph34r:
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

rwieder

Best-
Richard

Tandem passengers, when they're done being tandem passengers, ... can do whatever they want to with the instructor if the instructor wants to go along with it.

Besides it was the videographer who got the hook up.

I wouln't have shared that info on here but hey, he didn't do anything wrong.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

OH, I forgot the intent of the thread since it opened to read about the nifty gifto a videographer.

A friend of mine spearheaded a fund raiser to get me into the air more. I've tried to help others in the tunnel, and at the DZ as much as possible with no expectation of anything in return except just get better at whatever it is they're doing.

The group that contributed put a large sum onto my dropzone account. At the time I was not working so I only did instructor jumps. Because of all the contributions, I ended up doing a lot of jumps without having to use a student to keep me stable :)

That's just one example, it was a good one. That group kept me in the air when there weren't students for much of a season.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

BigMark

Being handed a beer right when I landed my canopy up at Taft, thanks Santiago! BTW Taft has new owners.

I sure hope you manifested for the next load to show your appreciation!
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess