Chelseaflies

16 year old fun jumper? Is she too young?

The key as a dzo or even as far as a TI is to not risk anything with people you dont know. If you do this, You wont get sued.

It's not the jumpers and their families that I would be mostly concerned about. Subrugation is the process of suing a third party to recoupe expenses incurred by the insurance company when they can prove negligence or any other form of responsibility. Insurance companies employ teams of very talented lawyers whose sole purpose is to recover this money. You may not want them to sue your DZO buddy but they aren't going to care to much. If he has any equity they're going to take it!

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

not a single person who thought it was too young or would be a problem.

Not even on person? That’s a pretty broad statement.

there should be nothing stopping you.

Except maybe a DZO who does not want to deal with it, finding a TI that will accept the responsibility or a number of other things. If the jumps goes sideways, if there is a problem of any kind there is always a chance the waiver will be challenged. And even if the waiver is upheld in court someone is going to be out some big bucks.

it gets you out of all the beer fines you will encounter

Not a chance, see attachment. ;)

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I started at that age. Nothing wrong with it. Pitty I could not keep up with jumping on a student salary.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Made my first jump at age 16. I was around the DZ since the age of 4, so I understood the risk. Most dz brats that are raised at a DZ have a much better insight than a kid off the street who has never been around the sport. If this girl was raised on the DZ and watched and learned most of her life, she probably knows as much as most instructors. She just doesn't have the skydiving experience yet. By the time I was 10 I had the first jump course memorized. I watched the instructors teach and assisted in PLF demo and helping get harnesses on the students for the hanging harness portion of the training. I sat through 100's of first jump courses before I made my first jump. If she was anything like me she is ready for anything her parents give her permission to do.

Sparky

This attachment has no clause for the whole under age thing. If you arent old enough to buy beer, you cant owe the shit. Till im 21 you fuckers are getting rootbeer!! :P:P:P:P
Carpe Diem, even if it kills me

JoeyH

This attachment has no clause for the whole under age thing. If you arent old enough to buy beer, you cant owe the shit. Till im 21 you fuckers are getting rootbeer!! :P:P:P:P

Infringements do NOT have to be paid in alcohol.
Infringements DO have to be PAID.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

"Non-drinkers may buy sodas
and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those
non-drinkers." Who said I was a non-drinker? :D:D Im tellinn ya, If you're underage, you can't owe. I will be nice and get a case of rootbeer.... But nowhere in your rules says I, as an underage jumper, has to owe beer.

JoeyH

Sparky

Until you are 21 you can practice reading. It states very clearly that soda may be substituted for beer.

Non-drinkers may buy sodas and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those non-drinkers.

But I think you are missing the point of “beer fines”.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

JoeyH

and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those
non-drinkers." Who said I was a non-drinker? :D:D Im tellinn ya, If you're underage, you can't owe. I will be nice and get a case of rootbeer.... But nowhere in your rules says I, as an underage jumper, has to owe beer.
Did you even read my post.
let me high light the important parts of the two lines of text.

Infringements do NOT have to be paid in alcohol.(beer being alcohol)
Infringements DO have to be PAID

Pay the fines in anyway you see fit, cookies, cakes, Soda, Beer, Bottled water on a hot day.
However you see fit,
BUT PAY YOUR FINES.
Or do not participate in ANY Fines paid by others.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

Did you even read my post.
let me high light the important parts of the two lines of text.

Infringements do NOT have to be paid in alcohol.(beer being alcohol)
Infringements DO have to be PAID

Pay the fines in anyway you see fit, cookies, cakes, Soda, Beer, Bottled water on a hot day.
However you see fit,
BUT PAY YOUR FINES.
Or do not participate in ANY Fines paid by others.

I understand that that is what your post said. All I am arguing is the fact that the rules posted as "proof" that underage jumpers can't get out of the beer fine, didn't actually prove the point trying to be made. I am happy to supply rootbeer, or even get someone to buy beer for me....***Did I just say that out loud? oops*** But my point is, the rules posted had no clause for underage people.

JoeyH

I understand that that is what your post said. All I am arguing is the fact that the rules posted as "proof" that underage jumpers can't get out of the beer fine, didn't actually prove the point trying to be made. I am happy to supply rootbeer, or even get someone to buy beer for me....***Did I just say that out loud? oops*** But my point is, the rules posted had no clause for underage people.

Oh, hell! Just dump a bucket of any liquid on Squeak, and get it on video, and we'll all be happy.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JoeyH

There no clause because none is needed.
The fact that you dont need to pay your fines in booze, means that there's no age restriction on the penalties;)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Bertt

Persons too young to legally buy or consume alcoholic beverages are, by definition, non-drinkers in the context of the "Beer Rules".
Is this the first time you've lost an argument to Sparky?

It is. It is. :D

Elisha

Don't know if Jarrett Martin still posts here, but he had just turned 14 and had 105 jumps when I met him. So he was at least 13, maybe even 12 when he started.

I just read up on his accident. :o It sucks, what happened to him. Wonder if he still hangs around dropzones [:/][:/]

JoeyH

***Don't know if Jarrett Martin still posts here, but he had just turned 14 and had 105 jumps when I met him. So he was at least 13, maybe even 12 when he started.

I just read up on his accident. :o It sucks, what happened to him. Wonder if he still hangs around dropzones [:/][:/]

He's representing the U.S. in accuracy at the Dubai International Parachuting Championship right now. Yeah, he still hangs around dropzones. :D

He's been sending some updates to Blue Skies Magazine. There's also a link there to a recent CBS report on him.
http://blueskiesmag.com/2013/11/29/jarrett-martin-dipc-updates/
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

******Don't know if Jarrett Martin still posts here, but he had just turned 14 and had 105 jumps when I met him. So he was at least 13, maybe even 12 when he started.

He's representing the U.S. in accuracy at the Dubai International Parachuting Championship right now. Yeah, he still hangs around dropzones. :D

He's been sending some updates to Blue Skies Magazine. There's also a link there to a recent CBS report on him.
http://blueskiesmag.com/2013/11/29/jarrett-martin-dipc-updates/

:o:oWOW That's fucking awesome. I wanna meet him!