JSE

Demo video of different disciplines

Looking for a good video to show people who are curious about the actual "sport" of skydiving and what is involved. Something not long that will give a whuffo with absolutely no exposure to skydiving a decent idea of what it is we do (i.e. fs, vfs, freeflying, swooping, wingsuits, bigways, CRW, etc.) A youtube or vimeo link would be great.

mattjw916

Nice, but the super quick editing, with two second scenes, makes it hard to explain to non-skydivers what's going on. There's tons of BASE. There's also a lot of focus on the highest level of achievement. So on the one hand it does show off what can be achieved (eg, XRW, Gary Connery's wingsuit box landing, Red Bull Stratos, various BASE terrain flying), but one would want more 'regular skydiving' too, to show what is more common.

Still, it is a video (through iloveskydiving) that has a million clips of fun stuff all combined into one.

well at least it's more interesting than a link to omniskore where you can watch a hundred different people dressed all in black playing patty-cake in the sky without any audio track and then have them slowly nod off when you try to explain what a stairstep-meeker-flake-donut-pod is :P

NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

pchapman

Nice, but the super quick editing, with two second scenes, makes it hard to explain to non-skydivers what's going on. There's tons of BASE. There's also a lot of focus on the highest level of achievement. So on the one hand it does show off what can be achieved (eg, XRW, Gary Connery's wingsuit box landing, Red Bull Stratos, various BASE terrain flying), but one would want more 'regular skydiving' too, to show what is more common.

Still, it is a video (through iloveskydiving) that has a million clips of fun stuff all combined into one.

I agree with everything you said here. I actually really enjoyed that video. Its the kind of thing I personally like to watch, but not really something that would give to mom/dad/new friend/co-workers/or someone interested in taking aff.

dragon2

I made a video like that a couple of years ago, no vfs/tunnel/BASE but it has SL, AFF, FS4/bigway, FF, CRW, swooping, accuracy, wingsuit, style and speed (!). I'll have a look-see if I can find it...

That would be awesome. Thanks! and thanks in advance to anyone else who posts a video link.

Seconded - I often have people ask for such a thing, and my YouTube playlist is just full of Hayabusa/CYPRES Maubeuge comp rounds at the moment so I struggle to explain very well :$

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?