rapter

My dropzone is going to close, Cal-City

I Have jumped at Cal-City for over 20 years, and it's going to close it's doors at the end of the month. Van and Alberta sold the hangers and land to the City. I heard about it tonight, I'm shocked it's been a 30 min. drive for me, 15 min from work. I did my first jump there, night jump, big way, demo, even met my wife there. My Mom's ashes were released in the air there. So where am I gonna jump now?

I'am so sorry to hear of your loss. May the next DZ you call home give you another 20 years of fond memories.

Well... this has been around before, but here's a picture of N121PM before a bunch of skydivers got ahold of her... :D

Still had her de-ice boots, wing fence, strut pants, real door... etc.
;)

I prefer the "after" picture. :)

Yeah... skydivers... they get a-hold of a grand lady and what's the first thing they start doing... pulling her "clothes" off... :D

... not that I'm saying that's a bad thing. ;)

Pilgrim Airlines??? :D

Yeah... makes you laugh to see a "puritain" airplane spend its later years as a jump plane with skydivers doing un-speakable acts inside her... don't it?

:D

Oooh Oooh See y'all on the 24th for unspeakable acts. :) :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

The one at Cal-City N121PM is older, S/N 14, first one sold to the commercial market.

Wow. Didn't know that. That was one of the two Twin Otters I did my AFF out of at Skydive City in 1998 when it was Freefall rather than Desert Express. I did my first four way out of that aircraft! Didn't realised it was historic. B|
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live