rapter

My dropzone is going to close, Cal-City

I'm going to miss Robert the most. We are kind of like kindred spirits in a way. Both outsiders, that share the same cynical outlook

This is going to make him homeless, along with a few of the other staff, but I worry about him the most. I hope he can find work and a new home. He doesn’t have much but I believe he deserves to gain the most from this transition. His kindness and good humor will always be an asset in the real world that he’s about to re-enter.

I am worried about Robert as well. :(

There has to be something we all can do to help.

Robert has been adopted by Bob (King Peckerhead) and Tina Zinn.
and will be liveing at there house.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

Robert has been adopted by Bob (King Peckerhead) and Tina Zinn.

That is good to hear.

So where are all the Cal City jumpers going to migrate to? It would be nice if everyone moved to the same DZ for a little while.

It sounds like Taft is going to be getting a lot more business with it's proximity to Cal City.

Let me know!

you guys come over to beromünster, beautiful scenery, mountains, chocolate, cheese and what not. awesome staff, great plane.. and the bunkhouse is free most of the itme!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

See y'all in 2 weeks.

I hope they have some type of shin-dig but keep in mind, the last weekend they're open (nov 24th & 25th) is thanksgiving weekend. I hope some people show up to give the DZ a good send off.

Is anything really planned yet?

I never do anything for Thanksgiving. I'll be there :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Sorry to hear Cal City is closing. I stated jumping there in 1984 when Van and Albert were frist starting out in a very small hanger with the 206 that they still have, or what was left after it hit the fence. Its always been a good plane.

We had a lot of fun, accomplished many firsts, and drank tons of beer. It was even better when we got to move into the big hanger and later got the Otter.

Got my tandem rating there from Bill Estie. That was the scariest thing I did. I had lots of fun doing tandems on F-111 canopies on no wind days. Yes, they do happen there. B|

Well best of luck to Van and Albert.... they deserve it, they worked hard to build the business and we should be happy for them and wish them all the best!

Blue Skies
Dave Chrouch D-11816

P.S. I would like to extend a welcome to any Cal City jumpers who may be looking for a new place to skydive. Come to Taft and make it your new home. You will find the same warm welcome here as at Cal City. Remember, once a Cal City jumper, always a Cal City jumper. ;)

P.S. I would like to extend a welcome to any Cal City jumpers who may be looking for a new place to skydive. Come to Taft and make it your new home. You will find the same warm welcome here as at Cal City. Remember, once a Cal City jumper, always a Cal City jumper.

Dave... are you going to do a Taft Early-Bird on Sat/Sundays?... 1st load takes off a dawn & if you're on it, you're 4th jump of the day is free!
;)

Dave... are you going to do a Taft Early-Bird on Sat/Sundays?... 1st load takes off a dawn & if you're on it, you're 4th jump of the day is free!

So, you were the one whoopin' and hollerin' waking everyone up at the crack of dawn. Grrrrrrr :|:D

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Carey,
Bob Furgeson (sp?) from Perris has been going up to Taft everyonce in awhile (once every 5-6 weeks, once a month, something like that) to do some RW with the kids at Taft to try to get more belly flying going there. Ask Dave about it. I'm not sure if there is a formal schedule or anything or just when Bob feels like it.

So, you were the one whoopin' and hollerin' waking everyone up at the crack of dawn. Grrrrrrr

Yeah, kinda like when its 1a.m. and you're trying to sleep and a bunch of drunk assed skydivers are makin' noise on the bongo drums enough to wake the dead...:P ... or some way bltized off his ass packer is seeing how loud he can yell the word FUCK... :S

Pay-back in a bitch.
:P
:D:D

I'm a drop zone refugee,
Just a Cal City refugee,
From that drop zone near Ramone’s,
Now that drivin’ is a-killin' me.

'Cross the mountains towards the sea,
Come the desert jumpers, stupid dogs and me.
It's a hot old dusty highway
For a drop zone refugee.

Hard, it's always been that way,
Here today and on our way
Down that mountain, 'cross the desert,
Just a drop zone refugee.

We are ramblers, so they say,
We are only here today,
Then we travel with the seasons,
To the Otter DZs,
We're the drop zone refugees.

From the south land and the drought land,
Come the desert jumpers, stupid dogs and me.
And this freefly world is a hard world
For a drop zone refugee.

Yes, we ramble and we roam
And the highway that's our home,
It's a never-ending highway
For a drop zone refugee.

Yes, we wander and we jump
Over your landing areas and bust your patterns,
Like the whirlwinds on the desert
That's the Cal City refugees.

I'm a drop zone refugee,
I'm a drop zone refugee,