melushell

Project XCF

I just had an odd idea. Theirs no doubt that spin ups could be exciting. What if you were to wear a G-suit. Some of them are basically like a pair of shorts. It inflates around the thigh like a tunicate and against the lower abdomen to help keep blood from pooling there. What if you had one with a small co2 cylinder to inflate it right before exit and just bled it out after a good opening. I wonder if it could buy you a bit more time on a hard spin up to cut away.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Or what about something like, a double cypres cutter, with the white loops threaded through them, and the cutters could engage above a certain G force. And its disable-able under canopy before initiating the hook turn.

Someone could probably put something like that together with a smart phone, a double cutter and some audio jack components honestly. Theres an app for G-force induced trauma prevention?

:D

"As soon as you're born you start dying. So you might as well, have a good time."
-CAKE

I'm crazy not stupid. There is a difference.

Would this record not "count" if they just direct-bagged it off a balloon? Seems like you'd significantly decease your chances of a high speed mal.

***Edit: Now that I watch the video it looks like they are DBagging it out of the plane.
Apex BASE

JayhawkJumper

Are they just trying to beat Luigi's record of a 37ft with a 35?

Doesn't the Federation Aeronautique International require you to beat a previous record by 2 percent or 5 percent before they put the new record in the books?

Bluhdow

Would this record not "count" if they just direct-bagged it off a balloon? Seems like you'd significantly decease your chances of a high speed mal.

***Edit: Now that I watch the video it looks like they are DBagging it out of the plane.

You are thinking in the right direction.
Slowing down the jump platform vastly reduces the hassles during opening.
The ideal would be a balloon with a really wide basket. You stand on the ledge, with one buddy holding your left end cell open and your other buddy holding your right end cell open ...

The lead in was straight out of “The Right Stuff”.

Have I got this right? In the first part it looks like 2 jumpers did a Mr. Bill dive and then dropped the one jumper off on a wing suit. Now to me that is hotter than landing a small canopy.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals