mihalis19

Camera and Helmet

mihalis19

Hello to all! im new to this site and also to skydive. i have 18 jumps. I want to buy a full face helmet but i want a helmet that i can mount in top of it a contour roam 2. is there any helmet and a top mount for this purpose?

thank you very much!

If experience = 0 or experience = "close to zero" then
Camera = 0
Else
Jumpershouldhaveaclue <> 0
End if

Hellis

***Hello to all! im new to this site and also to skydive. i have 18 jumps. I want to buy a full face helmet but i want a helmet that i can mount in top of it a contour roam 2. is there any helmet and a top mount for this purpose?

thank you very much!

If experience = 0 or experience = "close to zero" then
Camera = 0
Else
Jumpershouldhaveaclue <> 0
End if

... Too much time spent looking at VBA...

Cookie has some kind of contour mount for the G3 helmet. The G3 is also the most popular closed face helmet. So if you're willing to spend that kind of cash, might not be a bad investment. But I wouldn't buy a closed face helmet until you are off of student status for a plethora of reasons.

Contour is out of business. By the time you have enough experience to jump a camera, there will be a new, much more advanced camera and Cookie will surely create a mount for it. Buy the helmet, worry about buying the camera and mount when you have the experience to safely jump a camera.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures

This Contour mount will work on any helmet with a smooth surface: http://contour.com/collections/mounts/products/rotating-flat-surface-mount

The camera is pointing straight ahead, (lens distortion made it look as if it is pointed to the side). The mount is sitting on a compound curve.

Note this setup is for biking, not jumping. I wanted the camera where I could easily adjust the lens and turn it on/off, and also make it almost unnoticeable.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.