gixzig

Anyone have info on Chutingstar Discounts and service??

Mention Skydive Radio and get 5% off. ;)

Giving discounts to SR's listening audience is a way for ChutingStar to gauge the cost effectiveness of their advertising dollars spent. By giving away that discount here, you're just screwing Chutingstar. Instead, why don't you just suggest to people that they listen to Skydive Radio. That way, you help Skydive Radio AND their sponsors.

As the OP Of this thread all I can say is I'm now proud to be a chuting star convert!! Mike was awesome to deal with. The service was great. Shipping was fast and I would recommend dealing with them anytime. I look forward to buying gear from you guys again.

And as far as the big head thing goes I think with service like this and after reading all the posts here they may have to install another hanger door down there just for him!! LOL ;)

Seriously though, I couldn’t be any happier. Now I just have to have my local rigger install my vigil and other goodies and I'm ready to hit the sky.B|

Thanks again!! ,Sean

A friend from South Africa ordered a camera helmet, Go-Pro and some other stuff from ChutingStar - I did all the enquiries etc. from my side and peppered Mike with all kinds of questions. Each question was responded to almost within the half hour, the order completed and shipped as promised and he did a great job with assembling the camera and video mounts. All we had to do was mount the sight and the helmet was perfect when my friend arrived here after Oshkosh. This was the second time I did business with Mike, and I can highly recommend his services.

any updates on discount codes? I've tried a few and none work: movingsale, ilovechutingstar, skydiveradio and a few others I can't recall. Thanks!

Email chutingstar and ask them. They will tell you if they have discount codes currently running with Skydive Radio or somewhere else. Of course you'll probably have to listen to Skydive radio or where-ever to get the code:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

As others have said, Chutingstar is great to deal with. I have found their prices to always be better than Square One up front, but with the added benefit of not paying sales tax and they offer free shipping.

I just ordered a brand new complete rig from them and they will be delivering it WAY ahead of schedule. Happy customer.

Isin't the chutingstar discount on the GoFast Drinks??

I miss when Skydive Radio had 5% discount for everything and anything at ChutingStar.

If you'd listened to the most recent SDR you might be pleasantly surprised at the current discount. But clearly you haven't listened to it. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

As others have said, Chutingstar is great to deal with. I have found their prices to always be better than Square One up front, but with the added benefit of not paying sales tax and they offer free shipping.

I just ordered a brand new complete rig from them and they will be delivering it WAY ahead of schedule. Happy customer.

Actually, I've found Square 1's pricing to be much better...20% off on my new Curv H/C vs. 10% at Chuting Star...other containers at better prices too...

Also, if anyone's looking for a Cypres, check out SSK.

Actually, I've found Square 1's pricing to be much better...20% off on my new Curv H/C vs. 10% at Chuting Star...other containers at better prices too...

While you might be able to get a better price somewhere else, whatever small amount you might be saving is worth paying for the outstanding customer service Mike and his team is offering.. especially if there is a problem with whatever custom-made gear you bought... Mike will go out of his way to solve it for you!

I've bought 2 complete systems from Mike and I think we probably reached 60-70 emails both times from contact was initiated until gear was in hand - all of the mails were more than timely replied to, often within the hour (as many others also point out) and always with the feeling that they were happy to help..

I won't go anywhere else for new gear, even if there a buck or two to save...

Alex

While you might be able to get a better price somewhere else, whatever small amount you might be saving is worth paying for the outstanding customer service Mike and his team is offering.. especially if there is a problem with whatever custom-made gear you bought... Mike will go out of his way to solve it for you!

I've bought 2 complete systems from Mike and I think we probably reached 60-70 emails both times from contact was initiated until gear was in hand - all of the mails were more than timely replied to, often within the hour (as many others also point out) and always with the feeling that they were happy to help..

I won't go anywhere else for new gear, even if there a buck or two to save...

Alex

I shop for price and customer service, and have been happy with both from Square 1 and SSK. Couple of emails and phone calls for my latest order, done deal. Give Jackie a ring at Square 1.

Nice find. I bought a Mirage G4 and not sure if there is any way around paying taxes with SQ1 since I live in CA, but with Chutingstar, not paying taxes meant saving over $600 on a complete rig.

You could check into buying from Square 2 in Eloy, AZ to avoid the sales tax... :o)

BTW, 15% off the Mirage at Square 1. Other rigs up to 25% off.

I've ordered from chuting star for my ex boyfriend and was very happy with their service. Everyone I talked to on the phone was really sweet and helpful for someone that doesn't know a thing. :)

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Nice find. I bought a Mirage G4 and not sure if there is any way around paying taxes with SQ1 since I live in CA, but with Chutingstar, not paying taxes meant saving over $600 on a complete rig.

If they ship it out of state, then you save the taxes, close family member/ friend in a nearby state? Just a thought.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

SEREJumper

If they ship it out of state, then you save the taxes, close family member/ friend in a nearby state? Just a thought.

Why would I go through all of that trouble to save on state tax when I can do the same with Chutingstar and they ship it right to my front door? Come on, guy.

Why would I go through all of that trouble to save on state tax when I can do the same with Chutingstar and they ship it right to my front door? Come on, guy.

Maybe you want to support a local dealer, maybe you like the way they measured you for your rig, maybe they've given you good service in the past...I don't know, lots of reasons to not go through chutingstar and still save on taxes. Come on, guy.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

I've ordered from chuting star for my ex boyfriend and was very happy with their service.

I didn't know they sold boyfriends at chuting star. :)When you returned him, did you get full credit for another?
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.