baronn

Rating sellers on DZ.com like EBay does

I've bought and sold a few items here and have never had any real problems. Till recently. Got the items and they ended up being what was advertised but, the communication and delivery had a lot to be desired. We're a small community and somebody knows somebody who probably knows everybody. Having a good, bad or poor rating might get a few to reconsider how they treat others. No guarantee, just another arrow in the quiver to keep folks treating others as they would like to be handled.
Whaddya think?

Sorry you had a frustrating experience.

This has been suggested before, and on the surface it seems like a good idea. But in practice, there's only a handful of sellers that sell more than one or two items every few years. It'd be really tough to get a true picture of the seller's reputation through a rating system.

For me, if I don't know the person and the dollar amount is meaningful, I always look for a personal connection. This sport's small enough that I've never had trouble finding one - especially when I can usually just search the person's name on Facebook and find a mutual friend or 10. I've had others check out people I know that way, too.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The real issue is the cost of developing the software and maintaining it. I am pretty sure Ebay has more developers on staff than DZ.COM.

I write software for a living, and am slightly annoyed when other executives suggests I add additional features to the corporate web pages "like Amazon or Ebay has", without understanding the resources it takes to do it.

It would be great to rate other users, other sellers, other buyers, dropzones, pilots, etc. It just might not be feasible with the staff and resources available at DZ.Com.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

And there is that little problem of the classifieds being FREE. We get exactly what we pay for. If you've had a bad experience and the odeon doesn't give a shit then don't be afraid to out the person but remember it goes both ways so of the guy had shit come up and you got your stuff late and blew a gasket because it was late and it turns out his baby was in the hospital your gonna look like an ass... That was a general made up possibility and nothing to do with your situation

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.