kllrbee

Question about disciplines

You are probably quite young and start bar fights everywhere you go. Lots of testosterone in those arteries. As I said before, most of the posters were just enablers. Others did try to curb your search for the ideal discipline. My posts are to the point (or pointless if you wish). but I was saying the same thing others were saying. Just look at your original post. 100s of words asking about things which nobody can know about. You just need to learn to fall stable and land safely. When you try some RW way later you will learn you weren't falling stable and will improve. But slow the hell down or you will get yourself hurt. Forget BASE and forget swooping. Those will get you killed. You can choose to kill yourself later if you wish. Get to the drop zone. Make a jump. If you like it go again. Learn what you need to know to jump safely on each jump and don't worry about extraneous crap.

Anyways....thats all i have to say about that

That's the line Forrest Gump used!:)

His other post is about buying gear and this one is about deciding on a displine to focus on. Frankly neither makes any sense to me.

He doesn't know what he doesn't now. Some people's default mode when they approach learning something new is to try to be ultra prepared and plan it all out. He doesn't know that's a bad approach with skydiving. He doesn't know what he doesn't know.

At least I think that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. I don't know... lately I've been thinking that we're all being led around the room by an ever increasing army of ChrisD sock puppets
Owned by Remi #?

labrys

His other post is about buying gear and this one is about deciding on a displine to focus on. Frankly neither makes any sense to me.

He doesn't know what he doesn't now. Some people's default mode when they approach learning something new is to try to be ultra prepared and plan it all out. He doesn't know that's a bad approach with skydiving. He doesn't know what he doesn't know.

At least I think that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. I don't know... lately I've been thinking that we're all being led around the room by an ever increasing army of ChrisD sock puppets

Plato believed that we already know things and do not have to be taught. Just reminded of what we already know. Which means we can get rid of all the damn skydiving instructors and just throw students out the door. They'll figure out what to do as they remember on the way down. Or they'll prove Plato wrong and we will clear that point up.

kllrbee

Stuff...

Im retired army. I was in Iraq from 03 to 05.
After being out for a number of years and missing being on airborne status (234 military jumps) I also got involved with sport parachuting here in Kentucky last year, as you are now.

I also did the whole newbie day dreaming about what part of the sport interests me most bit. Its normal and ignore anyone who gets a hair up their ass over it. Hell Im still day dreaming, during this long cold dark winter about all the jumps Im going to make this summer and what discipline I want to pursue. Ive also been flying down to Florida and the Deland DZ to get my jump fix in this winter. Going again in 3 weeks.

Ignore "Mike Stafford" the guy signed up on the forums 3 days ago. Who the hell knows if this internet tough guy is even real. Anyone can create a profile and claim to have thousands of jumps.

From one soldier and newbie to another: ask questions, have fun, and good luck once you start training.

kllrbee

Hey all
Thnx again for the info and pm's.
I realize now that concentrating on disciplines is totally pointless right now.
I know many of u said "just go jump" and I would have started already but its been too cold here.

Oh. Good point. Go... get in a wind tunnel! B|

Friend of mine's putting in some minutes in the tunnel and hopes to do AFF a bit later on. She's already flying about as well as I was at the end of AFF. The first couple sessions are kind of boring, but then you get to the point where you can actually fly and it starts being more fun. Plus it's easier to get video, so you can actually watch your skills improve.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Ignore "Mike Stafford" the guy signed up on the forums 3 days ago. Who the hell knows if this internet tough guy is even real. Anyone can create a profile and claim to have thousands of jumps.

Yea, but he is averaging 14.5 post a day. I think Chris D is coaching him on how to use da net.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

labrys

...At least I think that he doesn't know what he doesn't know. I don't know... lately I've been thinking that we're all being led around the room by an ever increasing army of ChrisD sock puppets

Well, it's good to know that I'm not the only one thinking that. ;)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

gowlerk

Yea, but he is averaging 14.5 post a day. I think Chris D is coaching him on how to use da net.

I wouldn't ignore good advice. Unless it came from a guy with 37 jumps who knows nothing yet. The only bad advice given here for the noob was all the details about swooping, BASE and CRW. His instructor will be pleased that he knows all that great stuff when he finally gets out to jump. May as well tell him when bridge day is so he doesn't miss it!

MikeStafford

I wouldn't ignore good advice. Unless it came from a guy with 37 jumps who knows nothing yet. The only bad advice given here for the noob was all the details about swooping, BASE and CRW. His instructor will be pleased that he knows all that great stuff when he finally gets out to jump. May as well tell him when bridge day is so he doesn't miss it!

every third saturday in october right?! :P

But I would ignore advice form a guy who has trouble telling the truth. I already know you are lying about your Lic. # and there are serious doubts that you hold a riggers ticket. Now find a kernel of truth is that.

Of course it could be that you are not posting under a real name.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals