brendhanbb

does anyone here fine skydivng relaxing.

Absolutely!

Depending on what kind of jump, and the phase of that jump, I can be delightfully relaxed while jumping. In general, the more relaxed, the better a jump will go.

Personally, I find hop & pops to be more relaxing than freefall. Perhaps my most relaxed is a hop & pop from full altitude at sunset... 13 minutes of peace and quiet. :)
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

cazzercam

yes, its the main reason I skydive.

jump out, and not have to worry about anything for those 50 seconds, just relax and not give a hoot.

and then you have to snap back and realise its dangerous as hell and the stress of life hits you with a hard opening :D

that sounds pretty awesome! it does look like it could be relaxing but yeah i have never gone sadly :(. i would go in a heartbeat and i want to go so badly but yeah its just not possible right now but it looks like it could be relaxing although i cant say i know from other peoples experiences. most people i know i think have gone just because its on their bucket list kind of thing.

GLIDEANGLE

Absolutely!

Depending on what kind of jump, and the phase of that jump, I can be delightfully relaxed while jumping. In general, the more relaxed, the better a jump will go.

Personally, I find hop & pops to be more relaxing than freefall. Perhaps my most relaxed is a hop & pop from full altitude at sunset... 13 minutes of peace and quiet. :)

this may sound like a dumb question but what is a hop and pop.

uhuru10

As a recently registered user of this site, you may find the small search box in the upper-right of the forum windows useful to answer your questions. (located just below the "My Stuff/Logout/Help" icons)

i am guessing this question has already been asked before.

brendhanbb

***As a recently registered user of this site, you may find the small search box in the upper-right of the forum windows useful to answer your questions. (located just below the "My Stuff/Logout/Help" icons)

i am guessing this question has already been asked before.

This one and pretty much every other question you asked by starting 9 separate threads in the 30 minutes you've been on this site. :|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Here's a link that will address a number of the other questions I saw you have posted.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3613326;search_string=skydive%20relaxing;#3613326

Also, I should respond to your question here: I find skydiving relaxing, but not in the 'recliner'/'picnic' way. It is liberating and helps me to destress from other areas of my life.

brendhanbb

***Absolutely!

this may sound like a dumb question but what is a hop and pop.

Jump out the door and pull your chute immediately with little or no freefall.

Now go to the top forum for new users, introduce yourself and ask as many questions as you like. But just do it in one thread...ok.

normiss

Personally I hate fines.

Skyding is relaxing to me which is fine by me!

That is a fine way of looking at our fine sport of "skydivng".

I just wish they could fine a way to fine these new posters that clog up the website with a 1000 finely crafted posts within days of joining the website.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

i am just curious if anyone finds it relaxing.

After a scorching hot day, in the middle of July, tons of running around the hanger, gearing students, work jumps, etc. Doing and shirt & shoeless sunset high pull with a bottle or two of 'gatorade' is about as close to the gods as you can get.
Woot Woot!

I find skydiving relaxing in the same way I used to find smoking relaxing - if I don't do it, I get tense.

In addition, I find being in small planes a source of tension, so getting out of them is instantly relaxing also.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?