brendhanbb

so how did you get into skydiving.

Stop starting a new thread for every question you have. Also many of them, like this one, has been talked about before. Use the search tool. Most people here would be happy to talk to somebody new with some questions but the way you are doing it is ticking off a few people.

I was sitting in the bowling alley at Schofield Barracks drowning my sorrows at having 36 gutter balls in a row. My buddy said "you ought to try skydiving, no matter what you're gonna hit the ground". That was in 1980. In every jump since I have yet to miss the groundB|

I was on staff duty in Korea and a friend was talking about something called a Stiletto and someone who hooked it in and hit a truck and died... that was around 1999 or so... years later my brother did an AFF jump at Perris out of the blue and called me and told me I had to learn to jump too... remembering all my friend's cool stories, this thing called the WFFC I had to go to someday, and never one to be outdone, off to Eloy I went since I didn't have anything else more interesting going on at the time... that was about 10 years ago.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

My wife surprised the hell out of me with a Christmas gift in 2011 then continues to surprise me that she's going to learn to. Went through training, we both have our "A" license now working on our "B" license. i'm a cancer survivor (so far) and have accepted the fact that "something" is eventually going to kill me. Once I could accept that, no more barriers to stuff like skydiving.

Well, I did my airborne school in the army and didn't love it; that was in 1997. In about 2000 a few friends and I were bored and I said "we should go skydiving". weathered out and I got busy with school... so they went later and I never did. They have C and D licenses respectively now and I... well... was reminded last year that their addiction was my fault and I was letting life get in the way of fun so I grabbed a buddy and we did a tandem. He didn't ever want to go back; I was hooked.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

In '68, there was a movie called "The Gypsy Moths". It was the first major Hollywood film to use air to air skydiving cameras. A few years later when I was ten ('72 or so) it came out on TV. The opening scene was so cool that I knew then and there that was what I wanted to do. I spent the next few years attaching everything I could to some form of parachute. All my G.I. Joe's made jumps ( not all of which were successful ). My parents once caught me trying to jump off the balcony with a "parachute" I made froma beach towel and kite string ( my first attempt at BASE). I even built model rockets just so I could build the parachutes. When I told my parents what I wanted to do their reply was not only no, but "HELL NO!!"

Fast fwd 20 or so years, I'm in the fire department and off on my own in the burbs of Baltimore. I was channel surfing and I surfed into an infomercial from a DZ in the "area" ( three hour drives to DZs are in the area.). They sent me a flyer and the next week I made my first jump and the reat is history.

And I still want three others to redo the opening jump of Gypsy Moths...........:P

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717