mixedup

Wingload Mobile App - Skydive Wingload Calculator

Skydive Wingload Calculator available for IOS / Android.

Calculates your Canopy Wingload and provides visual indicators of safe Canopy Downsizing ranges on a slider based user interface. Download from:

* Apple App Store (IOS)
* Google Play (Android)
* Amazon App Store (Android)

Features:
* Adjust Total Weight => Updates Wingload & Downsizing indicators
* Adjust Canopy Size => Updates Wingload
* Adjust #Jumps => Updates Downsizing indicators
* Adjust Wingload => Updates Canopy Size
* Metric & Imperial
* Portrait & Landscape support
* Links to further downsizing information
* Links to Parachutist game & Skydive Altimeter app
* Facebook/Twitter/Email/Sina integration sharing

[inline 1.png][inline 3.png][inline 4.png][inline 2.png][inline 5.png]

DISCLAIMER: Informational app only! Skydiving is an extreme sport with many factors involved. Any decision should only be undertaken after discussion/recommendations from a qualified skydiving instructor who understands your experience.
Parachutist Game IOS Android YouT

mixedup

Skydive Wingload Calculator available for IOS / Android.

Calculates your Canopy Wingload and provides visual indicators of safe Canopy Downsizing ranges on a slider based user interface. Download from:

* Apple App Store (IOS)
* Google Play (Android)
* Amazon App Store (Android)

Features:
* Adjust Total Weight => Updates Wingload & Downsizing indicators
* Adjust Canopy Size => Updates Wingload
* Adjust #Jumps => Updates Downsizing indicators
* Adjust Wingload => Updates Canopy Size
* Metric & Imperial
* Portrait & Landscape support
* Links to further downsizing information
* Links to Parachutist game & Skydive Altimeter app
* Facebook/Twitter/Email/Sina integration sharing

DISCLAIMER: Informational app only! Skydiving is an extreme sport with many factors involved. Any decision should only be undertaken after discussion/recommendations from a qualified skydiving instructor who understands your experience.

What a terrible idea; an app that says this is safe, and this is not.

The lawyers will have a field day with this.

Anyone who has any need for this app should be talking to instructors, and if they don't listen to real people telling them face-to-face then an app is not going to help.

Skydiving is not a one size fits all sport. Automated advice has no place.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

not a bit OTT? it really just sounds like a modern version of the charts that have been printed by different people/companies for the last 20 years no? It isn't a substitute for talking to an instructor or common sense, just another way of providing already published information. (I am assuming it is inline with other charts like Germains' or similar, if not disregard my comment.

is it really worth taking the legal risk...

motherFUCKER!!!! jackson voice>

How is this ANY different than handing someone a chart as a guide. Prepend the app to say, "This is only a reference guide and should not be considered your only decision-making factor. By downloading this app you agree to consult with your local staff, Instructors or your local Safety &Training Advisor."

Or, some such thing and move on. I think it's a good idea as we move deeper into the digital age. More than 3/4ths of my college students use nothing other than their phones in class anymore. Am I to think that I can be legally responsible if they start a business and fail? Conversely, do those who succeed greatly owe me money? OK I Rant too long. ;):)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I read this again and think this is all you need... Make sure it's a prepend.

(I love the email disclaimers at the end of emails from accountants and attorneys... cracks me up)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.