korbin

Waiver / Underage

Not an attorney, but in Texas even if a parent signs a waiver, another "interested party including the state" can sue on behalf of the minor claiming the parents were negligent to waive the minors rights. Who wants to step into that trap?

Blue skies,

Jim

Well the same is valid for certain sorts of crime. No matter the age.

Say I break into your house, as "just a joke" and we are friends. And I get apprehended by the police. Certain crimes such as that can't be "retracted" by the violated party; they're matters of the state.

I'd have to look for the clause you're referring to, and it might not be exclusive to minors.

In one of the first cases I posted they DID define that, if the kind of thing were ever challenged again, parental gain would be checked thoroughly (as such that nobody can exploit the "minors can waive contracts" BS)

DZOs are just protecting themselves from our legal system and the fucking vultures we call attorneys.

Everything always attorneys fault ?

What you should understand is that its your legal system that is rotten, not the attorneys.

The attorneys are merely spokespersons in behalf of their clients. They dont give the verdicts in court.

Hence why I even have to post a topic like this :(

The capitalization thing was defined, however, thankfully, in the proceedings of that case.

When did Bill Booth say the underage "no waiver" argument.

Listen. There are TOO many organizations already accepting underage waivers that they can't be valid. From what I've just shown you, and all of these other things, I'm just surprised. I stepped up to researching skydiving in lieu of something I was just drawn to.

I was puzzled as this is the first I'd have ever heard of the lack of a parents ability to sign away the rights of their children.

I do agree, though, the monetization of the legal system is utter shit.

So you dont consider your country as democratic ? Is it someone else than you who gets to attend the decision making in your country ? Is it only the attorneys who make laws and rule the country ?

Attorneys, lobbyists, and congressmen. Take your pick. Not the citizens. Democracy in this country is a fallacy.

We must stay on topic with Skydiving here.

The references to these other sports/gov have been topic-friendly.

Without formalities, I don't know what I really can do other than talk to their DZO and hey, if it works, sweet.

If not, It will just suck to have to travel an hour + out of the way.

Plus, you lose the kind of socialization you can have with the locals who know and are involved in the same kinds of things

All in all, I do want this enough that it shouldn't be too much a setback. Maybe once I get my USPA A they will wise up and see that this is not a USPA policy. (The S/L instructor is claiming that it is.)

Attorneys, lobbyists, and congressmen. Take your pick. Not the citizens. Democracy in this country is a fallacy.

Well, in that case luckily you have the second amendment (right to keep and bear firearms) which to my experiense is very much materialized in the US..

Maby you need to utilize those firearms and topple those vultures from their monarchy and tyranny and form a new free and democtaric nation.. ?

Well, in that case luckily you have the second amendment (right to keep and bear firearms) which to my experiense is very much materialized in the US..

Maby you need to utilize those firearms and topple those vultures from their monarchy and tyranny and form a new free and democtaric nation.. ?

We did that a while back. It turned out to be a waste of time. I'm just going to sit here and learn to speak chinese

No I'm not incorrect.
Simply go talk to a business owner that owns the dz.
Those ARE the reasons given for not allowing minors to jump.
Age of majority, minor's ability to disaffirm contracts due to not having the capacity to contract, lack of legal binding to any contract entered into with a minor outside of needs.
But now matter your opinion nor mine. This IS the way most dropzones will see it. There is simply too much risk should anything happen.
Props to you should you feel the need and finances to establish some new legal precedence for this.
Legal battles being what they are will fall either way...
A business owner still has the right to not accept your business.

Using your same logic, a parent can NOT consent for their child to be medicated.

The DZO and their decision is not what we are speaking about here. The actual waiver is.

Needs are CLEARLY irrelevant in the four + cases that has involved this.
I made this VERY clear.

All four proceedings and proceedings stemming from them state that it is not the place of the law to distinguish between wants/needs.
Period.

Plus, you lose the kind of socialization you can have with the locals who know and are involved in the same kinds of things

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know too many at the DZ's I go to that would desire to socialize with a minor. It might even been seen as creepy and possibly illegal at times.

Good luck with this dude. Seriously.

I'm not willing to argue over something that isn't going to change. The business owners are not desirous of the risk. Period.
They spend enough time and money defending their waiver as it is.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know too many at the DZ's I go to that would desire to socialize with a minor. It might even been seen as creepy and possibly illegal at times.

Good luck with this dude. Seriously.

I'm not willing to argue over something that isn't going to change. The business owners are not desirous of the risk. Period.
They spend enough time and money defending their waiver as it is.

I will have to agree with you. I just wanted an answer, and I think I got it