dvdcoon

USPA 4 Weeks Behind

Just renewed my annual USPA membership online, still $55. Their confirmation email mentions delivery time up to four weeks. I never remembered them ever being speedy about memberships or licenses, but I'm glad I have a winter renewal date. Plan ahead gang.

CURRENT MEMBERSHIP PROCESSING TIMEFRAME: We are currently running about 4 weeks behind. All applications (memberships, licenses, ratings and awards) are being processed in the order they were received. We ask for your continued patience while we work through the glitches experienced by the new system. Expedite service (processed within two working days) can be requested by checking the appropriate box or writing it on the application and remitting the expedite fee.
If you are ordering a membership, normal submission online is handled the same as if faxed. Charges to your account and changes to the database can take up to two weeks to appear, and receipt of your membership card can take up to four weeks.
Expedited charges will be processed within 48 working hours. This includes charges to your credit card and updates to the database. An e-mail or fax confirmation will be sent and can be used until your membership card is received.
Please review the below information to ensure its accuracy:

I renewed mine last month a few weeks before I went on vacation to jump. The manifest had to call USPA and they were able to find my renewal, and the. I confirmed it by showing them my confirmation email. So it's not the end of the world if you think you NEED it right away.

I grinnned when I saw this thread title B|;)

I recently received a 40 year certificate in the mail
along with a nice form letter, signed by someone.
The letter thanked me for " 35 years of membership ",
when the certificate ( which IS accurate ) clearly states Forty......
so I'd say it's possible that somebody is 5 YEARS behind ;)

jmy USPA # 9452
A 3914 D 12122
scr scs nscr

They've recently changed their office computer system and I think that's causing them some problems.

One I experienced was when I made a donation to the Team Trust Fund. Somehow, that triggered them to send me another membership card, exactly like the one I already had. The computer got confused and took my donation as a renewal or something...