potatoman

Difference between jumping now and then

Guru312

***Darn, some of you are old.....LOL

LOL?! There is very little funny about being old. But I must admit the old guy in the mirror often gives me good reasons to laugh.

Is anyone here older than my 73?

Hi Mr G

I'm only 66.75 yrs old, but who's counting. :D

IMO getting old is a privilege, that some of our friends never had the chance to to attain.

I'll be happy to reach 73, as long as I'm in good heath and every year after that is a bonus.

The older I get the more I appreciate being blessed with good genes, and just a little bit of luck.

I would have never have guessed 40 yrs ago that we could be able to communicate with people that have similar interests over the internet.

Some things never change, but I'm excited to see what the next new trend and techno gizmo is going to pop up.

Be well guys and gals;)
Time for me to take a nap.:D

Who says skydivers are stupid, we are continuing to invent new ways to kill ourselves.

One Jump Wonder

Back then, even at the big DZs, we could and did leave our gear unattended. Thefts were rare, not tolerated, and thieves were dealt with, and never seen again.

Nowadays, you can't leave anything sitting for two minutes from the sound of it. :(

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

Back then, even at the big DZs, we could and did leave our gear unattended. Thefts were rare, not tolerated, and thieves were dealt with, and never seen again.

Nowadays, you can't leave anything sitting for two minutes from the sound of it. :(

They had to go explain their actions to “Bad man Bennett” and “Dirty Ed”.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Freedom-1.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Slead.jpg

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

The attached photo was taken by Ron Dionne over Abbotsford in May 1971.
JerryBaumchen

hi Jerry
Yes a nice "Polish star". As you know it made the cover of the Canadian Parachutist. Remember - that's the issue you offered me $450 for. You still stuck down there? I still think it's worth $550 ;)

Lots of memories over Abbotsford. Looks like a good time. Also looks like your blast handle is having a good time too - looks like it wants to fly around and turn a couple points as well!

Nice thing about jumping today - no more blast handles. I was jumping the same rig at the time. Of course we should have switched the blast handle out as, for example, Scratch has in this old shot.
Joe

Hi joe,

Remember - that's the issue you offered me $450 for.

I've been drunk in days past but never that drunk.

Lots of memories over Abbotsford.

It was a great place to jump. All my jumps up there were when Bill Hardman was running/owning the place.

And Herb Porter was probably the best C-180 pilot I have ever flown with. You only had to tell him where you wanted to get out & he would put you there every time, no corrections req'd.

JerryBaumchen