mereanarchy

CarolinaFest 2014

mereanarchy

well, I preregistered! Looking forward to it, anyone have any words of wisdom from previous excursions to Carolinafest? Recommendations on a place to stay?

How do demo's at a boogie work? That is one of my main reasons for wanting to go down. Thanks!

By "demo", do you mean canopy demo?

All you do is go to "vendor row", find the manufacturer that you are interested in, walk into the tent and say "I want to try out a (insert canopy name here)."

They will ask about your experience, skill level, wingloading and a few other things. There is usually a reasonable charge for it. Then they pull the canopy (usually already in a D-bag) out and swap it out with yours (pull the cutaway and swap risers).

Popular canopies in popular sizes are often in high demand, so getting there first thing in the morning or getting on a waiting list might be necessary.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

awesome, thanks for the reply. Yup, I meant canopy demo.
One question I do have, I am interested in demo-ing a variety of canopies. Some I don't have concern about fitting in my current rig (I am currently flying a 260, and would like to demo 230/240s) but a canopy like the Pulse packs smaller. Is there a method to allow me to demo a canopy if it won't fit in my rig, or am I SOL?

Anyone else going?

mereanarchy

awesome, thanks for the reply. Yup, I meant canopy demo.
One question I do have, I am interested in demo-ing a variety of canopies. Some I don't have concern about fitting in my current rig (I am currently flying a 260, and would like to demo 230/240s) but a canopy like the Pulse packs smaller. Is there a method to allow me to demo a canopy if it won't fit in my rig, or am I SOL?

Anyone else going?

Sometimes you can also demo a rig. I've never tried that, but there are often vendors demoing rigs. Whether or not they will let you try a demo rig with a demo canopy is something I have no experience with.

You might shoot an e-mail to PD (you mention the Pulse) and ask them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***well, I preregistered! Looking forward to it, anyone have any words of wisdom from previous excursions to Carolinafest? Recommendations on a place to stay?

How do demo's at a boogie work? That is one of my main reasons for wanting to go down. Thanks!

There is usually a reasonable charge for it. .

Every time I've demo'd canopies at boogies there is no charge for it. The only time I've been charged is when you demo canopies directly through the manufacture and it has to be shipped to you and you keep it for 2 weekends.

faulk04

Every time I've demo'd canopies at boogies there is no charge for it. The only time I've been charged is when you demo canopies directly through the manufacture and it has to be shipped to you and you keep it for 2 weekends.

I've been charged by PD at a boogie for the last pack job, as they prefer to get the demo canopy back unpacked so they can pack it themselves.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

places to stay: camp at DZ or 5 hotels 10-12 minutes away

plenty of gear vendors, load organizers for all disciplines, covered packing, packers, riggers, showers, bathrooms, food vendors, party each night
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.