reelnoncents

Expectations: Number of Jumps to get a USPA A License

Hi all. I'm curious to see how many jumps on average it takes people to get their USPA A License through AFF. The books say it's about 25 jumps give-or-take a few depending on the school, but that doesn't take into account any rejumps. I'd like all skydivers (experienced and relatively new) to post how many jumps it took them to get to their A License so we can give anyone currently training for their A license or anyone interested in starting an idea of how many jumps they are likely to do. The more detail the better. If you completed it in 25 but practiced everyday in a wind tunnel, mention it! If you completed it in 50 jumps don't be ashamed -- you won't be the only one and that won't be the most! If you jumped everyday for 2 weeks or spread your training over 6 months mention it! If you're a gymnast with amazing body awareness or an expert sailor with knowledge of the wind, mention it! Anything and all related! Let's just give newbies a better idea of what to expect.

ok, ill bite. i received my A license in 23 jumps. no tunnel time. i blew threw my aff in 5 jumps after 3 tandems. did 1 coach jump and had my a license stamped off. took about 2 1/2 months.

yes i did cut corners and skipped step. was it right? nope. started jumping a 135 at 30 jumps and was thrown onto 4-way scrambles at the same time and wasn't even the weak link with the lowest jump number besides me on my team was 500. but i also stayed jumping. if i only did 1 or 2 jumps a month theres no way i would've been able to pull that off.

the 25 jumps give or take? i wouldn't put too much hope into the take part. uspa requires 25 jumps and the average on a good program that i see is 25-30 jumps. its not too often i see someone take 50 jumps to get it but i do see it happen. hope some of this helps!