bevyboo1204

Life Insurance for Skydivers

New to the skydiving community - very new. Looking for information on how skydiving affects life insurance policies, is there a particular company that is more 'friendly' towards skydivers, any problems getting life insurance while participating in the sport? I need to update my insurance anyways, need to know how my new addiction will affect my eligibility. Thanks!

I just took out a policy with Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, there is no skydiving clause. My advice would be to also check out USPA group rates. State Farm will charge you a higher premium if you are a skydiver, others may not. It's important to ask and CHECK YOUR EXCLUSIONS. If you have group life through your employer, make sure you review that policy's exclusions as well.

BigMikeH77

I just took out a policy with Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, there is no skydiving clause. My advice would be to also check out USPA group rates. State Farm will charge you a higher premium if you are a skydiver, others may not. It's important to ask and CHECK YOUR EXCLUSIONS. If you have group life through your employer, make sure you review that policy's exclusions as well.

If there's a exclusion for "General Aviation" beware that may include skydiving.

Knew a jumper that was denied a medical claim for a broken leg due to the G.A. loophole. After that surprise fell off the: roof, ladder, tree was listed as the cause.

Maybe a separate rider that listed skydiving specifically might prevent some of the loophole problem.
One Jump Wonder

If your current insurances is vested already they can't deny it for any reason that isn't specifically spelled out so I'd keep my current policy if I was you, if you have one that is. I used Zander insurance to find my policy http://www.zanderins.com

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Call and specifically ask. I just got a quote from an agency that was very reasonable and then as I probed about skydiving I was told its in an specifically excluded class that the initial underwriter was unaware of and instead of a Term policy costing me less than $900 a year it would be $8,415 per year for the same exact coverage.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I just went through USPA and had great results.
First, I have "regular" life insurance which is $300/quarter ($1200/year) because I have had heart surgery. So I had 1/2 mil of coverage if my heart gives out or something.

USPA got me hooked in for $75/month for another $500k of coverage for both skydiving and private piloting. This was about 5x cheaper than adding a rider to my existing policy.

You should talk to your insurance company if you already have a policy otherwise contact USPA's insurance and ask, you can likely get a regular policy that also covers skydiving.
You are not the contents of your wallet.