riguy00

PD PULSE

Probably a 210 or a 190 pulse. Base weight + gear = exit weight. your gear probably weighs around 25 to 30lbs right now. But honestly, you should make sure you do your homework before you start looking. Pulses don't really pack one size smaller if you're putting the biggest reserve you can. I believe I've read its best to shop for your reserve in mind because you never want to have a cutaway and then have to deal with a canopy that is smaller than you're used to.

Good frame a reference:
http://www.bigairsportz.com/pdf/bas-sizingchart.pdf

1. Read this: http://www.performancedesigns.com/pulse.asp

2. Read the articles to the right on the hyperlinked page like, http://www.performancedesigns.com/docs/choosing1.pdf

3. SkyMann's advice on the reserve is sound. Pick your reserve first. Then, go up a size.

4. Talk to your instructors or your local rigger before making a purchase decision.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It depends on your situation but personally I wouldn't bother buying a 210 at your weight, after 2-3 weekends of jumping you'd probably be ready to downsize....

I would recommend maybe getting a demo 190 (assuming you are jumping a similar sized canopy)and putting some jumps on that, then if you are comfortable on it get a Pulse 170.

Speak to your instructors as they know what your canopy control is like and will be able to give you the best advice.

riguy00

I just got my class A and am in the market for my first main, what Pulse size would be good for a 5"7' 150lbs with only 35 jumps

Go with a 190 and get some coaching. Be careful of peer pressure to down size for the sake of downsizing. People who say get bored with their canopy after just a few jumps are fooling themselves.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

riguy00

I just got my class A and am in the market for my first main, what Pulse size would be good for a 5"7' 150lbs with only 35 jumps

I think the Pilot and the Pulse are both okay for a person's first main (not saying first jump). I got a Pilot loaded at 0.93 for my 21st jump and that is what I jump today. I jumped a Pulse (same size) for jump 24 and 25 and could not tell much difference.

I don't have desires to go fast under canopy and I am happy with my choice to stay lightly loaded.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

jumpwally

WTF ? You can have plenty of fun with a 210 your entire career...............:S

Absolutely you can, and if the OP feels content on that canopy then crack on and get one. I would argue though that most jumpers don't stay at a wingloading of 0.85 for long and buying a canopy to put 20 jumps on it may be quite expensive.

I'm not an instructor and don't have many jumps so take this advice how you will......