1 1
Erroll

Trump Bucks scam - just how stupid are these people??

There's no easier mark than a greedy person. They're getting scammed into thinking they are going to be scamming the system.

"a Bank of America spokesperson said the company has heard from employees about several people trying to exchange the worthless bills for significantly larger amounts of cash than they spent to buy them."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-supporters-scammed-out-of-thousands-trump-bucks-report-2023-5?r=US&IR=T

(edited)
19 hours ago, billvon said:

If you are a scammer looking for easy marks, there is no better list of marks than a list of Trump supporters.

Oh but to have a full copy of trump's MAGA supporters mailing/phone list. Untold billions in marketing opportunity awaits.

Everything from trump bobbleheads, reverse ageing pills, the carburetor that oil companies don't want you to own, anti-WOKE pills for your spouses-neighbors, the college degree in a pill, etc.

Edited by Phil1111

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Oh but to have a full copy of trump's MAGA supporters mailing/phone list. Untold billions in marketing opportunity awaits.

Everything from trump bobbleheads, reverse ageing pills, the carburetor that oil companies don't want you to own, anti-WOKE pills for your spouses-neighbors, the college degree in a pill, etc.

Hi Phil,

Here is a start:  Jan. 6 rioters are raking in thousands in donations. Now the US is coming after their haul - ABC News (go.com)

Jerry Baumchen

One of Adolf Hitler’s watches has just fetched over a million dollars in a private auction.

The watch was sold by Alexander Historical Auctions in Maryland for $1.1 million (€1.07 million) to an anonymous bidder, and is believed to be a gift, given to Hitler for his 44th birthday on 20 April 1933.

The Andreas Huber reversible watch is engraved with three dates around a Swastika - Hitler’s birth date, the date he became Chancellor and the day the Nazi party won the election in March 1933.

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

Either.  Nazi memorabilia has a lot of value too.

Yep.  Clarence Thomas's sugar daddy has a huge collection:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/08/clarence-thomas-supreme-court-harlan-crow-hitler-memorabilia

And to think that that collector is the one with the (financial) leash on the Supreme Court.

I remember an episode of some con artist / heist tv show where they were working for a guy who collected original paintings by Hitler. The assumption was that the guy was a creepy white supremacist asshole, but the twist was that whenever he ‘collected’ one he burned it in order to remove it from the world. 

Buuuuut real life tends to be more straightforward. I doubt the right wing power broker Mr Crow is burning his collection. 

A college friend of mine had a large Nazi banner on the wall in his college room in Cambridge.

Apparenty it came from one of  Hitler's lairs.

Was he a Nazi or white supremacist? 

No, his father was Arthur Tedder, Eisenhower's deputy for Overlord, and his godfather was Dwight D. Eisenhower.  The flag was presented to his father by the troops who "liberated" it.

Dr. Richard Tedder is now  professor and head of Department  of Virology at University of London.  I expect he still has the banner.

31 minutes ago, kallend said:

A college friend of mine had a large Nazi banner on the wall in his college room in Cambridge.

Apparenty it came from one of  Hitler's lairs.

Was he a Nazi or white supremacist? 

No, his father was Arthur Tedder, Eisenhower's deputy for Overlord, and his godfather was Dwight D. Eisenhower.  The flag was presented to his father by the troops who "liberated" it.

Dr. Richard Tedder is now  professor and head of Department  of Virology at University of London.  I expect he still has the banner.

My father has a medal that was awarded to my great-grandfather by Hitler himself. He also has a letter from the Queen allowing my great-grandfather to accept the medal since it was for services rendered to The Netherlands. Unfortunately we do not know anything more about the background.