1 1
Rio Santonil

RW Suit Booties: Recommendation

Hello Belly flyers,

I just bought RW Suit and I'm looking for recommendations on minimizing the wear and tear on the sole of the booties. I already have some recommendations speaking to others at my dz but I would like to expand to other feedback online. What do you put on the bottom sole of your booties to minimize the wear and tear? 

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

I shoe-goo my booties fairly regularly, and keep them on whenever it’s convenient (the snaps can be persnickety), and the booties have never been the first thing to go. But DONT goo where the elastic across the bottom (if you have that) attaches to the bootie, because the elastic can’t be replaced if you do that

I probably have 500 jumps on this jumpsuit, and it’s showing its age. I’ve reinforced some of the leg seams, but it still works.

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

That stuff is such a smelly mess when putting it on, and not easy to make an even thickness.  I decided to not use it and see the wear that would result.  After approx 700 jumps on the suit they are in great condition, hardly worn.  I minimize the walking around with the booties on.  The shoe goo is awful.

• Like 1

(edited)

Shoe Goo works well.

I always have a tube of Shoe Goo on hand.

Another option is to glue on a small sheet of rubber ... the same rubber that your shoe-maker uses to repair worn heels.

As for the Cordura fabric sidewalls fraying ... I sew on Type 12 webbing sidewalls. I start by laying it upside down, so that only the edge overlaps on the seam. Lay the bottom portion (aka. edge of the sole) flat so that it gets caught in your first row of stitching. Then fold the Type 12 upwards and stitch around the edge of the Type 12 webbing.

Finally, may I suggest sewing some sort of buckle or magnet near you knees so that they you don't drag your booties when they are not fastened tightly around your feet.

Edited by riggerrob
add a sentence
  • Like 1