Boogers

USPA State Records

I almost didn't bite, but here you go:

http://jezebel.com/man-poses-as-woman-on-online-dating-site-barely-lasts-1500707724
(clicky please, I should really know how to do this...)

This is a really interesting article about a man who posed as a women on an online dating site. Def not the same thing, but this may give you a clue as to how it can feel being a woman on a DZ.

Guys always bitch about the special treatment women get (which I admit I do see happen) but on the other side, its not always that fun to be treated like a piece of meat thrown into a cage full of dogs.

THAT is an entirely different thread unto itself though...

Okay, so women need special record categories because they're a minority in the sport.

And we already have gay records, because they're a minority too.

And old farts, because they're a minority also, 40's, 60's, 70's.

So why not African-American records? Aren't they the most stick-out-like-a-sore-thumb minority in the sport?

What's the biggest freefall formation comprised entirely of African-Americans?

Is there anyone that's NOT a minority? Yeah, young white males. Fuck them! :P

Boogers

So why not African-American records? Aren't they the most stick-out-like-a-sore-thumb minority in the sport? :P

No, they are not. Using your impeccable reasoning the most stick-out-like-a-sore-thumb minority in the sport would be gay, black women over sixty.

I've been in the sport for a few years and I haven't seen even one. [That I know of...]
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

It wasn't my intention to debate who needs special records and who doesn't. I was just relating my experience with one of the records you don't seem to think are big deals, and how they could be a big deal to someone. Seeing it from that point of view instead of from the point of view that they don't matter cause they're not big enough, fast enough or whatever is a better way to look at it, IMO.

dqpacker

It's a record until you go out and make 7 jumps or go to 14,410 feet. Then, the next guy has to go farther, higher, faster, better. Ya gotta start somewhere?

Than why are you trying to organize a 32 way when a 40way has already been done? Is that farther, higher, faster or better?

The 40 way should be a state record. No argument here. But, it's not. For whatever reason, they did not do the paper work. I'd love to see that record in the books. Especially considering when it was done.

That skydive has nothing to do with organizing a 32 way record attempt. We can still attempt to build an "official" record. Some day, I hope to be part of the group that breaks the 40. Until then, we'll keep working our way up. That, DQ, is how you improve and develop the local talent.

The record is not what's important. Developing skydivers and building the talent pool is. We (many of us) learned a lot last year. Even though we were unsuccessful. Next time we have an opportunity (the planes) we'll be better qualified to go after that 40 way.

I'm not sure why that's a bur under your saddle? [:/] But, I'm hoping you can get behind us knowing the 40 way is our ultimate goal. :)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

skydivecat

He is arguing just to argue. This is why I rarely post on this sight anymore...

"He is arguing just to argue. This is why I rarely post on this sight site anymore..."

Nope. Just wondering how only certain categories of records got set in stone, to the exclusion of all others.

No, they are not. Using your impeccable reasoning the most stick-out-like-a-sore-thumb minority in the sport would be gay, black women over sixty.

I once met a red-headed, left handed, lesbian rocket scientist. ;)
Owned by Remi #?

skyjumpenfool

It's a record until you go out and make 7 jumps or go to 14,410 feet. Then, the next guy has to go farther, higher, faster, better. Ya gotta start somewhere?

Than why are you trying to organize a 32 way when a 40way has already been done? Is that farther, higher, faster or better?

The 40 way should be a state record. No argument here. But, it's not. For whatever reason, they did not do the paper work. I'd love to see that record in the books. Especially considering when it was done.

Because they didn't care about getting their names on a piece of paper like you.

That skydive has nothing to do with organizing a 32 way record attempt. We can still attempt to build an "official" record. Some day, I hope to be part of the group that breaks the 40. Until then, we'll keep working our way up. That, DQ, is how you improve and develop the local talent.

You improve talent by just going and throwing shitty 32ways together? I thought smaller successful dives developed talent?

The record is not what's important. Developing skydivers and building the talent pool is. We (many of us) learned a lot last year. Even though we were unsuccessful. Next time we have an opportunity (the planes) we'll be better qualified to go after that 40 way.

Then why is the record so important to you? Why not just concentrate on good skydives, instead of getting your name in parachutist?

I'm not sure why that's a bur under your saddle? [:/] But, I'm hoping you can get behind us knowing the 40 way is our ultimate goal. :)
Once again you have the record as a goal.

>>Go for it!

>Sorry, the USPA does not recognize that category:

Or just bitch and whine if you prefer. I have more respect for the people out actually setting local and state records, even if they don't measure up to your standards.

billvon

>>Go for it!

>Sorry, the USPA does not recognize that category:

Or just bitch and whine if you prefer. I have more respect for the people out actually setting local and state records, even if they don't measure up to your standards.

Maybe Boogers could organize a record for bitchers and whiners. And they wouldn't even have to be left handed red headed GLBT Afro-Asian American rocket scientists. Just folks like him.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.