swovelin

Ed White- Aloha!

Damn, fate can be so cruel; Ed White has left us.  Apparently, Mimi found him last night (Sunday May 30), after a heart attack or ...?   Ed, Ed, Ed, how can you expect us to just carry on?  You were always the heart of the party, the light of the group, you infectiously enlivened everyone who was near to you, with your effervescent love for life.  It was a pleasure to have you in my life, thank you.

Fun Jump!.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, geez, this hurts. From the earliest days when he was just a gangly kid, too young to jump, running around Perris because his mom Lou worked at the school... Such a unique light, unique soul, always so much fun to be around. Ed was actually where I got this stupid user name from. Back in the day he used to call me dudeman, hell he used to call a lot of people dudeman, but when I got my D license and he noted that the last two digits of it were the same as my base number... That made me laugh and it stuck in my head, I ended up making an email out of it and using it here.

The world's a bit darker...

On 5/1/2023 at 4:06 PM, swovelin said:

Damn, fate can be so cruel; Ed White has left us.  Apparently, Mimi found him last night (Sunday May 30), after a heart attack or ...?   Ed, Ed, Ed, how can you expect us to just carry on?  You were always the heart of the party, the light of the group, you infectiously enlivened everyone who was near to you, with your effervescent love for life.  It was a pleasure to have you in my life, thank you.

Fun Jump!.jpg

Oh my God this is terrible, two friends in as many months. Blue Sky's Ed. Boy did we have fun in the 80s. You should have been last on the list. Great picture of you and a deer in Yosemite back in the day hanging in the bomb shelter. Fly free my friend. 

Mick.

PS: Yes Rob it is the same Ed from Perris back in the day. 

• Like 1

Mick, I was just looking at that photo last month.

The "goofy smile" on Ed's face is heartwarming.

I still remember fun times @ Perris 81 / 82.

Specially when Ed docked me, wrapped his legs around me, licked my goggles so I couldn't see, but he was the one that ended up kicking out so we could save ourselves. We probably had ~ 60 total jumps combined at that point.

BSBD.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:41 PM, kleggo said:

Mick, I was just looking at that photo last month.

The "goofy smile" on Ed's face is heartwarming.

I still remember fun times @ Perris 81 / 82.

Specially when Ed docked me, wrapped his legs around me, licked my goggles so I couldn't see, but he was the one that ended up kicking out so we could save ourselves. We probably had ~ 60 total jumps combined at that point.

BSBD.

We used to manifest him as Greg Reynolds (grim reapor) from the local Perris film at that time to get him on any week day load, but Lou (his mom) the manifester knew it was Ed, she always looked the other way. He was 16 when we first met . I was  6 years his older but we were both kids and boy did we have fun. Boy did we do some crazy shit back then  together. Every stupid dumb shit crazy thing you could think of, we did it. To soon my friend. 

• Like 1