StreetScooby

Lodi...

10 hours ago, RolandForbes said:

Bring a first time jumper to sacrifice to the tandem gods, and you get a dollar off!

Meh… so many other DZs with more tandem incidents than Lodi. Lodi had a single incident resulting in a doubly fatality and it took like 40 or 50 years of 7 day a week operating a good sized DZ for it to happen. 

sport jumpers however seem to be keen for the sacrifice! Tho its been a couple of years since there was a fatality- 2021- there seemed to be a trend for a while there(a 20 year trend) where Lodi was having a sport jumper fatality every year on average . Sans tandem passenger there are Still no student fatalities there.

i believe that if the worlds dropzones got the media exposure that lodi gets when there is a fatality, people would have the same take on lodi with a lot of DZs. That is, with the exception of the legal drama regarding the tandem fatality. That kinda fucked everything up. if there was a legit skydiving fatalities list with locations posted then everyone could read about where tandems or students are actually dying or getting injured in Norcal and its not Lodi. 

These days The Parachute Center isnt just a 182 dz, its a DZ with three 182’s!

(edited)
18 hours ago, jakebaustin said:

sport jumpers however seem to be keen for the sacrifice!

Sport jumpers often don't give a shit about anything other than jump prices.

I would be more concerned past issues raised by the faa about aircraft mx requirements, but the tandem fatality did fit into that theme. Can't buy your next cheap jump ticket if you are a mangled or crisped body at the crash site.

To be fair I don't have any direct knowledge about how things are there today.

Edited by DougH
Tempering my response