1 1
brenthutch

Belief in man made climate change declining

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

In Canada, 2,214 wildfires have burned through 3.3 million hectares so far this year — about 13 times the average for the past 10 years.  It's making believers of a lot of people on the east coast and Ohio valley.

On behalf of all Canadians I sincerely apologize for our failure to keep the floor of our forests swept clean.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

On behalf of all Canadians I sincerely apologize for our failure to keep the floor of our forests swept clean.

We would also appreciate if you kept your geese from crossing the border.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kallend said:

In Canada, 2,214 wildfires have burned through 3.3 million hectares so far this year — about 13 times the average for the past 10 years.  It's making believers of a lot of people on the east coast and Ohio valley.

Well in the Happy Valley Area As of 4 a.m. on June 8, Harrisburg ranked a 476 on the Air Quality Index, which only goes to 500. and Canadian wildfire smoke impacts visibility for Pennsylvania pilots   Perhaps its pilots can get radar vectors from ATC to the spot to keep jumpers in PA.

No word yet as to how many loads were cancelled and how many students cancelled jumping because of climate change. Perhaps the DZ operator will offer free ground and in the air oxygen to keep people around.

On 5/24/2023 at 2:48 PM, brenthutch said:

And that is why we keep actual records instead of relying on people’s faulty memories.

Who said I only have two bookends?

No one. The consensus seems to be that you have one at most. While you are compiling your mid year ipso facto please also take a look outside. Also, get ready to take a look at what's on the shelve's at the local dollar store. From where I'm reporting, not that Mifflin County, Pennsyltuckey isn't the end all, there is a serious water shortage problem that is associated with you know what. And it's affecting the freakin' Panama Canal, yo. Yep, they've already stopped some traffic on the NeoPanamax channel owing to a record low of water in lake Gatun. You'll recall from you day's on latrine duty that water flows downhill, same at the locks, goddamn! Some operators are already shortening, and or, redistributing loads etc. and looking at other routes. Now, I don't know, but I'm guessing that AR-15's and ammo aren't yet coming from China so you're good. But it is something to think about.