1 1
airdvr

Dangerous Anniversary

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Sort of like Greg Abbott announcing that he will work to pardon the protester murderer. Apparently it is his view that killing BLM  protesters is righteous and just and that convicting someone of doing so is left wing overreach by a radical prosecutor and jury. I kid you not this is for real. He tweeted out his plans as soon as the conviction was announced. 
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/09/us/greg-abbott-pardon-daniel-perry/index.html

So they’re using the Stand Your Ground justification of one armed man shooting another armed man for no other reason than being scared of an armed man.

It really demonstrates the inanity of Republican legislators aims - where the right to openly carry a firearm is absolute, the right to shoot to kill against any perceived threat is absolute, and a guy with a gun shooting another guy with a gun simply because he was afraid of the gun is the perfect example of society working exactly as intended and no rational person could possibly have a problem with that.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Sort of like Greg Abbott announcing that he will work to pardon the protester murderer. Apparently it is his view that killing BLM  protesters is righteous and just and that convicting someone of doing so is left wing overreach by a radical prosecutor and jury. I kid you not this is for real. He tweeted out his plans as soon as the conviction was announced. 
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/09/us/greg-abbott-pardon-daniel-perry/index.html

I remember him; I was at a protest with my niece a couple of weeks before that, and saw him and chatted for a couple of minutes; nothing significant (it was hot out; always a topic in a Texas summer). Yes, he was an ardent Libertarian and open carry proponent. That open carry thing scared the other guy with a gun. I'll bet he didn't come up with the gun pointed, just over his shoulder (where it was when I saw him).

Wendy P.

• Like 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, jakee said:

So they’re using the Stand Your Ground justification of one armed man shooting another armed man for no other reason than being scared of an armed man.

What could possibly go wrong, eh? I can only think of one nation where this could be a thing. A very special nation with guaranteed rights for all.

Edited by gowlerk

9 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Most likely observation of snow pack for the coming spring flood. A lot of water is going to move through the Red River to Lake Winnipeg. The spring melt is late and therefore will happen quickly. This area is very prone to wide shallow flooding during spring. There were a series of large snowfalls late in the season that came one after another in the area of North Dakota and southern Manitoba.

Thanks