1 1
jakee

Clarence Thomas

36 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

We are well aware of the awards won by special editions and selected casks from Gimli. I like many whiskeys but I always remember that none of them actually taste good. They are all poison and they all taste like poison. Some of the better ones merely taste less bad. I find both whiskey snobs and wine snobs to be annoying in a somewhat amusing way.

Last time I touched the stuff Reagan was in office and it didn't agree with me.  Haven't seen fit to try again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

We are well aware of the awards won by special editions and selected casks from Gimli. I like many whiskeys but I always remember that none of them actually taste good. They are all poison and they all taste like poison. Some of the better ones merely taste less bad. I find both whiskey snobs and wine snobs to be annoying in a somewhat amusing way.

Sounds like you do not actually like it! Crown isn't a favorite, it's a blend anyway. Their artificial flavored Crapple is nasteee. I prefer whiskey flavored whiskies. Not a snob, as I prefer tasty and affordable.

Pappy is a snob whiskey, is stupid expensive and not worth the price IMO. I've had better whiskies at a fraction of that nonsense. A local brewery here in Asheville actually has Pappy, at $75 a glass, basically a shot really. 

This reminds me to locate a new one I tried at a local biker bar....

52 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

We are well aware of the awards won by special editions and selected casks from Gimli. I like many whiskeys but I always remember that none of them actually taste good.

Crown Royal is whisky, not whiskey. If you prefer whiskey, you are referring to the Irish or American kind. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, normiss said:

Their artificial flavored Crapple is nasteee. I prefer whiskey flavored whiskies.

After they began winning awards the marketing department at Diageo went all in on capitalizing on the name by making all sorts of flavoured crap.

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

Crown Royal is whisky, not whiskey. If you prefer whiskey, you are referring to the Irish or American kind. 

Ah.....a true "purist" raises his head to correct me on proper whiskey etiquette. This is precisely what I mean by amusingly annoying.

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

Ah.....a true "purist" raises his head to correct me on proper whiskey etiquette. This is precisely what I mean by amusingly annoying.

Just the name of the stuff. Considering you are that close to the Crown Royal distillery figured you would want to know they call that stuff whisky on the bottle and everything.

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Just the name of the stuff. Considering you are that close to the Crown Royal distillery figured you would want to know they call that stuff whisky on the bottle and everything.

I get annoyed easily it seems. My next revelation about my lack of good taste is that I drink a lot of strong black coffee. Almost all of it cheap Folgers robusta. And my AAD is an M2 not a sacred CYPRES or even a Vigil! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

As currently a native of scotland I'm now extra snobby about Whisky. Crown Royal doesn't really qualify.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Pilot chute or main canopy, no big difference since they're both parachutes....   /s

9 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I get annoyed easily it seems. My next revelation about my lack of good taste is that I drink a lot of strong black coffee. Almost all of it cheap Folgers robusta. And my AAD is an M2 not a sacred CYPRES or even a Vigil! 

You drinks lots of strong, cheap, black coffee. That explains quite a number of your 13,193 posts, and Tim Horton’s.

19 minutes ago, normiss said:

I didn't think it possible to brew a strong coffee from Folgers.

It takes some skill. And some effort.

And a typical American lack of understanding what "Strong" coffee is.

Yes, I know Gowlerk is Canadian.

As a side note, I usually found coffee up in Canada to be superior to what I got in the US.
Not sure why (could be water quality), but "Timmy's" coffee 'up nort' is better than down here.

3 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

They use 100% Arabica coffee.  

After trying some Godoy's coffee years ago, I LOOOOOVE Guatemalan coffee. I tend to buy on-line, not always direct from the farms there though, due to price. 

No Bonnie situation here. I'm almost the "I buy the gourmet expensive stuff cuase when I drink it, I wanna taste it." But on a budget. I have Harley parts I NEEEEEEED.

• Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, normiss said:

I didn't think it possible to brew a strong coffee from Folgers.

Easy Peasey . Four cup coffee maker, ($15 at Walmart), 5 heaping teaspoons of Folgers finest robusta. Enjoy.

Tim Horton? Never. Hate the place.

Edited by gowlerk

14 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Easy Peasey . Four cup coffee maker, ($15 at Walmart), 5 heaping teaspoons of Folgers finest robusta. Enjoy.

We need a tracker for when you're on the road with a recipe like that. If I drank something that strong. My bowels would be completely flushed out in ten minutes.I'd likely start shaking like a crackhead a day off a fix. I'd need a mouth guard to keep my teeth from chattering like a machine gun.

Four shots of Crown would have less effect.

39 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Coffee snob mode engaged.

I can't do $15 plastic coffee makers. I'm anti- plastic as much as possible, more so if it needs to be heated.

My current favorite coffee maker is our Cuisinart burr grind and brew. Whole beans, erry damn morning.

Fresh ground has so much more flavor than pre-ground that's been sitting in a warehouse for who knows how long. I haven't had Folgers since the 70's. Far too similar to McDonald's coffee. blerf

• Like 1