brenthutch

Chicago elects Lightfoot 2.0

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/5-ways-left-wing-chicago-mayor-elect-brandon-johnson-promised-transform-city

In the competition for worst city in America, Chicago says “Hold my beer”

Watching Richard J. Daley in action I took for granted that Chicago couldn't possibly do worse.  Boy, was I wrong.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Apparently some people still believe that Fox has actual news on its broadcast.

What's funny about that is that they have now admitted, in court, that no reasonable person would believe their lies.  The judge in the Dominion case just announced that "the evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that it is crystal clear that none of the Statements relating to Dominion about the 2020 election are true."  Emails reveal that their own fact checkers, management and owner sent emails to the news department saying that their stories are false.

And yet people still post links to FOX News thinking they are getting news and not proven propadanda.

During the Vietnam War, one of the questions that kept coming up was how anyone thought we could possibly win the war, or what that would even look like.  There were no exit strategies, no metrics for "winning."  And in Orwell's famous book, it beggared belief to think that people could one day believe 100% that they were at war with Oceania, and the next day believe fervently that they were at war with Eastasia, and that nothing had changed.

But looking at how something like 25% of the country still believes everything FOX says - and even posts it to try to win Internet arguments - it's a little more understandable.

10 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Apparently some people still believe that Fox has actual news on its broadcast.

Rather foolish of them.

Not surprising, but pretty silly.

Another case of message vs messenger confusion 

For those who are triggered by FOX news here is a source that is more your speed 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/chicago-chooses-between-progressive-moderate-in-mayoral-election

9 hours ago, billvon said:

What's funny about that is that they have now admitted, in court, that no reasonable person would believe their lies.  The judge in the Dominion case just announced that "the evidence developed in this civil proceeding demonstrates that it is crystal clear that none of the Statements relating to Dominion about the 2020 election are true."  Emails reveal that their own fact checkers, management and owner sent emails to the news department saying that their stories are false.

And yet people still post links to FOX News thinking they are getting news and not proven propaganda...

It was revealed in court filings that Fox personnel consider their viewers "cousin-fucking morons".

Says something about the people who consider them a 'reliable source', doesn't it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

It was revealed in court filings that Fox personnel consider their viewers "cousin-fucking morons".

Says something about the people who consider them a 'reliable source', doesn't it?

The best part is that it is likely Dominion lawyers are going to make FOX personalities repeat that on the stand.

Every time I see Chicago hatred paraded about, I just chuckle.

Not even in the top 100 dangerous cities in America. 

Some of the best big city architecture in the country, food and museums to DIE for, a walkable downtown, a proper China town, and Vienna Beef!!! The mayor stealing the downtown airport still pisses me off though.

I need to take Skymama on a Chicago trip. We've both not been in years. I don't think she's been up the Mag Mile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

The best part is that it is likely Dominion lawyers are going to make FOX personalities repeat that on the stand.

Yep.

Just making them read their own emails on the stand is going to . . .  do absolutely nothing for their True Believers, actually.  We will hear the usual three-step:

Tucker didn't say that!  He would never call us that!
OK maybe he said that but what he really meant was X.  You are taking it out of context!
CNN did it first.

But for the more moderates out there, it will be something of a wakeup call.

Just now, billvon said:

Yep.

Just making them read their own emails on the stand is going to . . .  do absolutely nothing for their True Believers, actually.  We will hear the usual three-step:

OK maybe he said that but what he really meant was X.  You are taking it out of context!
CNN did it first.

it's a 4-step: "Doesn't matter, they hate on libs"

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Yep.

CNN did it first.

For "best part" I really just meant that *I* am going to thoroughly enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, lippy said:

Dude, read the first post in the thread you started.

What an unresonable request!  You should not be prejudiced against him just because he said something previously.  It is every conservative's right to not be held liable for what they have said and done in the past.  Remember, they are the party of (someone else's) responsibility.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

That doesn’t make the claim they are the worst, it suggest that is where they are headed.

You're hilarious man...A quick search of posts by you containing 'Chicago' shows the high esteem in which you hold that city.  Try to moderate the tears you shed over where they're headed.

9 minutes ago, lippy said:

You're hilarious man...A quick search of posts by you containing 'Chicago' shows the high esteem in which you hold that city.  Try to moderate the tears you shed over where they're headed.

I’m just worried about Kallend. He expressed his displeasure with Lightfoot and Johnson looks to be doubling down on her failed policies.