smorente

getting my foot in the door

Are there any DZ's that anybody recommends for getting into the sport? I would like to stay in the Rockies (UT, CO, MT) but really want to gain some awesome experience and get some good instruction for skydiving and some training in BASE maneuvers. Any and all help is appreciated!

smorente

Are there any DZ's that anybody recommends for getting into the sport? I would like to stay in the Rockies (UT, CO, MT) but really want to gain some awesome experience and get some good instruction for skydiving and some training in BASE maneuvers. Any and all help is appreciated!

Where do you actually live? UT/CO/MT is a big geographic area; let us know where you make your home and people here can recommend (or not recommend) the DZs in relatively close proximity to your home.

The reason I say this is that skydiving is not something you just "go somewhere and learn and then you're done." It's something that you learn over the course of years and many many jumps. And at some point in that learning skydiving, you might then be ready to start to learn BASE. And again you'll learn that over many years and many months.

It's a heck of a lot more convenient to do that kind of continuing education near where you make your home.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Currently I am living and studying in Missoula, MT. My reasoning behind any place in the UT, CO, MT region is that I am taking a year off of school and want to put all my focus and energy in skydiving. I would like to get the best instruction and training I can find in an area where I could get into the mountains still. I understand that it is a long road ahead of me, I'm just excited to get started!

smorente

is techniques a better word choice, smart ass? I'm sure there are different "techniques" for BASE jumping as opposed to skydiving, right?

If you looking for base jumpers slc has over 50 that live here. They are not active all the time but a lot of jumping is done here not that it would matter if your just starting to skydive.
BASE 1519

So a noob asks a question. And the response is a critique of his terminology. And some how he's the asshole? I'm not following.

I don't know if he's an asshole, but I can guess that if he reacts to a little ribbing by calling someone a smart ass, he's not going to get a lot of help and he must have pretty thin skin.
Owned by Remi #?