aidanjames1

B-Rels

aidanjames1

Who spotted you guys into those clouds?

If you exit facing the front of the plane, you won't get flipped over like that. It's a lot harder to fly the relative wind with your back to it.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

If you exit facing the front of the plane, you won't get flipped over like that. It's a lot harder to fly the relative wind with your back to it.

Couple people went out first, then us. They were lots of clouds in random places. I wouldn't of been able to predict we were going to go through the cloud.

Thanks for the advice, I'm usually pretty good at dive exits but it was a bit hard for me with another person there.

FlyingRhenquest

Australians jumping through clouds are not necessarily breaking the rules.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

ianyapxw

What are the rules for USPA?

As an APF student I've been through clouds 3 times. Not the super thick kind though.

as a student, youre not supposed to go through clouds at all
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

aidanjames1

Couple people went out first, then us. They were lots of clouds in random places. I wouldn't of been able to predict we were going to go through the cloud.

Thanks for the advice, I'm usually pretty good at dive exits but it was a bit hard for me with another person there.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't want to be critical of anyone, but maybe you want to take a look out the door yourself and see if you want to jump out there. Spotting's something that comes with time and it's not something I'm going to claim to be particularly good at either, but it seems like whenever I trust someone else's I always end up getting burned. It's good to at least know what you're getting into.

I know what you mean about diving out after another person. I've done this myself a number of times, even fairly recently. There's a pretty strong instinct to try to face the person you're with and if they get out first, you want to go back that way. I went on a tracking jump with a dude last summer and went out the door with my ass to the wind. I realized my mistake almost exactly as I was doing it, and barely managed to keep myself from tumbling over like that. Doesn't seem like it's ever a big deal though -- you've amply demonstrated that you know how to get stable, so getting flipped over a couple times could just qualify as "fun". My favorite exit is still the one my AFF instructor had me do on level 7 -- throw myself out the door, grab my ankles and hold on for 5 seconds. That's as fun now as it was then.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

ianyapxw

What are the rules for USPA?

As an APF student I've been through clouds 3 times. Not the super thick kind though.

There are specific cloud clearance minimums for the US.

FAA rules not USPA. They apply to everyone in the air (planes, balloons, skydivers, everyone).
Well, everyone not on an IFR flight plan.

They are listed in the SIM, couple of different places.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Oh man, this makes me want to try and dig up my AFF footage. You had a couple tracking transitions that were pretty entertaining to watch. Makes me wonder what I looked like :)

Although, I will say in the last vid where you tracked away into the clouds and disappeared was pretty cool. Stick with it man, good luck!