1 1
JoeWeber

Trump indicted

17 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Trump says that he has been indicated.  

image.png.276c56a4e338b2c5b27c7717eefc55e9.png

Well for once I agree with Trump. When the US elected Trump the USA effectively became a banana republic. 

If the US doesn't want to be a banana republic then Trump should be tried for his alleged crime and if found guilty jailed.

Failure to hold politicians to account is the sign kf a corrupt system.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, winsor said:

Chris Rock pointed out that charging Trump was like charging Tupac Shakur, where it only served to solidify his credibility within his base.

Never wrestle with a pig, because you just get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Hi winsor,

And, I think it is step in the right direction.  So, who, to you, is more credible, Chris Rock or me?

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, winsor said:

Chris Rock pointed out that charging Trump was like charging Tupac Shakur, where it only served to solidify his credibility within his base.

Never wrestle with a pig, because you just get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Perhaps. But its more likely to shrink the voters just outside his base. It seems as if 25%( his base)would still vote for him even if he was in jail already.

14 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi winsor,

And, I think it is step in the right direction.  So, who, to you, is more credible, Chris Rock or me?

Jerry Baumchen

Who is Chris Rock? You have my vote.

This is actually a beautiful thing. It will cause the R party to be forced to rally around him and then give him the nomination. Even though he could not beat Biden last time around and will be even weaker next time. This will save Y'all from the possibility of a President De Santis. Who actually could be worse than Trump as he is far smarter and likely to be more effective at moving the nation backwards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

The Manhatten Grand Jury has voted to indict Trump. Another first for Republicans.

We haven't seen the indictment yet, but if it is what they have been talking about, I think it is a mistake and will be used to attack future indictments that actually have more meat on their bones.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

We haven't seen the indictment yet, but if it is what they have been talking about, I think it is a mistake and will be used to attack future indictments that actually have more meat on their bones.

I can see your point. But Michael Cohen went to jail for the same caper. Why should this one fail? The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they make a fine dust. 

16 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Do you think the DA hasn't thought about this?

Do you think he's so naive that he's not aware of the potential for disaster if he makes mistakes?

As was noted, Cohen went to jail for this.

And Trump may have a bit of a problem getting competent defense counsel.

9 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Do you think the DA hasn't thought about this?

Do you think he's so naive that he's not aware of the potential for disaster if he makes mistakes?

As was noted, Cohen went to jail for this.

And Trump may have a bit of a problem getting competent defense counsel.

Maybe Rudy will take the case pro bono. ;-)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I think it is a mistake and will be used to attack future indictments that actually have more meat on their bones.

On the other hand, future indictments won't have the "OMG it's the first indictment of a president EVER and we better not do it unless we're 100% sure!" factor.  The next indictment will be just another indictment, and the more that come down, the less extraordinary they will be.

Just now, billvon said:

On the other hand, future indictments won't have the "OMG it's the first indictment of a president EVER and we better not do it unless we're 100% sure!" factor.  The next indictment will be just another indictment, and the more that come down, the less extraordinary they will be.

Not for me they won't, I'm stoked. Today I went around singing "Payday Blues" from the Dan Hicks, Last Train to Hicksville album. Ya' buddy!

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

The Manhatten Grand Jury has voted to indict Trump. Another first for Republicans.

Correction, Trump has not been indicted, he was indicated:

"These Thugs and Radical Left Monsters have just INDICATED the 45th President of the United States of America, and the leading Republican Candidate, by far, for the 2024 Nomination for President. THIS IS AN ATTACK ON OUR COUNTRY THE LIKES OF WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE. IT IS LIKEWISE A CONTINUING ATTACK ON OUR ONCE FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS. THE USA IS NOW A THIRD WORLD NATION, A NATION IN SERIOUS DECLINE. SO SAD!"