1 1
swovelin

Jeremy Mahoney

Jeremy Mahoney passed away on March 13, following a massive stroke.  He leaves behind his grieving wife of 35 years, Kathie, his Air Trash teammates, and many, many friends throughout the So Cal skydiving community.  Jeremy's formal service will be at Riverside National Cemetery at 1:00 on Friday May 26, with full military honors.  His ash dive will be at Skydive Perris the afternoon of May 27th. Please join us if you can for Jeremy's Life Celebration, and please help to get the word out to his many friends.  If you have photos of Jeremy, Kathie would love to get them; please PM me.  Fly free my good friend, fly straight and true to that BFR in the sky!

IMG_1304.JPG

Edited by swovelin
  • Like 2

(edited)

It was the summer of '80 or '82, one of my first few years in the sport. A buddy and I were standing on the sidewalk between the manifest building and the packing area at Perris. Suddenly, Jeremy went running by, a dead serious look on his face. I looked at my friend, with a somewhat puzzled expression. A moment later, Al Frisby ran by, same direction, same countenance. My friend looked puzzled. "How often do you see those guys running", I said. Jeremy was one of those people, along with Al and yourself, Mr. S, who I figured I'd better listen to if I wanted longevity in this sport. No, he wasn't one of those 'official instructor' types who went around preaching proper practices and protocols. But he knew what the f was what in a down-in-the-dirt kind of way. I wasn't one of his closer friends, but I knew him, I liked him, and I respected him.

BSBD, fly free...

Edited by dudeman17
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, swovelin said:

Jeremy Mahoney passed away on March 13, following a massive stroke.  He leaves behind his grieving wife of 35 years, Kathie, his Air Trash teammates, and many, many friends throughout the So Cal skydiving community.  Jeremy's formal service will be at Riverside National Cemetery at 1:00 on Friday May 26, with full military honors.  His ash dive will be at Skydive Perris the afternoon of May 27th. Please join us if you can for Jeremy's Life Celebration, and please help to get the word out to his many friends.  If you have photos of Jeremy, Kathie would love to get them; please PM me.  Fly free my good friend, fly straight and true to that BFR in the sky!

IMG_1304.JPG

This terrible news. Jeremy was my friend and mentor when I first came to Perris. We worked in the Para center loft together for several years and were next door neighbors in the ghetto. Very sad, condolences to all who knew him.

Mick.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 6:40 PM, dudeman17 said:

It was the summer of '80 or '82, one of my first few years in the sport. A buddy and I were standing on the sidewalk between the manifest building and the packing area at Perris. Suddenly, Jeremy went running by, a dead serious look on his face. I looked at my friend, with a somewhat puzzled expression. A moment later, Al Frisby ran by, same direction, same countenance. My friend looked puzzled. "How often do you see those guys running",

I plan on attending.   

I can't help but think that Jeremy and Al were running towards something that likely later showed up in an incident report.