JoeWeber

Liberals, stand firm

We survived 9/11, The Challenger, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, 2008, Skysurfers, and too many other national stress tests; we'll survive whatever chaos the Maga Maniacs, our 2nd Amendment mental inmates, and our unrestorable deplorables cause when Trumps indictments start rolling in. Civil unrest is not civil war. Me, I'm looking forward to watching as each and every cocked hat, cockamamy militia moron who thinks his perfectly, and stupidly, accessorized AR-15 is good for anything more than killing innocent bystanders, learns the hard way that they are just jerks with ridiculous penis extensions and not part of a well regulated militia when the National Guard disarms them and puts their stupid asses face first on the ground.

Just because bad things will happen, store windows might be broken, and nice dogs will be kicked, does not mean we should continue giving in to our fears. That is to say bring it on. Like unruly kids what they all need is a good and thoroughly embarrassing ass whooping. The bottom line, my Liberal compatriots, is that now is an especially auspicious time to restrain our delicate sensibilities. Let the National healing begin.

This Liberal, and very progressive, message of hope is brought to you from the People's Republic of Joe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

We survived 9/11, The Challenger, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, 2008, Skysurfers, and too many other national stress tests; we'll survive whatever chaos the Maga Maniacs, our 2nd Amendment mental inmates, and our unrestorable deplorables cause when Trumps indictments start rolling in. Civil unrest is not civil war. Me, I'm looking forward to watching as each and every cocked hat, cockamamy militia moron who thinks his perfectly, and stupidly, accessorized AR-15 is good for anything more than killing innocent bystanders, learns the hard way that they are just jerks with ridiculous penis extensions and not part of a well regulated militia when the National Guard disarms them and puts their stupid asses face first on the ground.

Just because bad things will happen, store windows might be broken, and nice dogs will be kicked, does not mean we should continue giving in to our fears. That is to say bring it on. Like unruly kids what they all need is a good and thoroughly embarrassing ass whooping. The bottom line, my Liberal compatriots, is that now is an especially auspicious time to restrain our delicate sensibilities. Let the National healing begin.

This Liberal, and very progressive, message of hope is brought to you from the People's Republic of Joe.

Hi Joe,

FDR in 1933:  "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" 

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I love it.

(edited)

I am standing firm as a reformed conservative who actually values personal liberties, doesn't base my politics on fictional writings, and holds firm to values such as intellectual honesty, and the fair and consistent application of the law.

Not sure how I should label myself though.

Edited by DougH
  • Like 3

(edited)

I've been pondering where to post a couple things, and this seems to be as good a place as any.

Reports about the protests in NY seem to indicate they are quite small. I would guess there are a few reasons for this.

1 - All the dumbasses that claimed the Jan 6 insurrection attempt violence was because of 'Antifa & FBI informants' are worried that all those 'agent provocateurs' will cause another riot and they'll get arrested for it. MTG herself has publicly claimed this.

2 - There have been something like 1000 people indicted from the Jan 6 insurrection attempt. Something like half have pled guilty, 50 or so have been convicted. NOBODY has been completely acquitted. Everyone that has had their case progress far enough has pled or been found guilty of something. The Justice Dept is saying that another 1000 or so are going to be charged in the near future. Crowdsourcing the identification of the criminals has proven to be quite successful. 
I'm curious how many hardcore Trumpers are left.

3 - Despite all of his 'faithful' putting their lives & freedom on the line for him, Trump has (predictably) done NOTHING for anyone involved. Other than beg money from them. 

Also, Trump & DeSantis are going at each other, again predictably.

If Trump is indicted in New York and is still in Florida, he can fight extradition. 

Florida law allows the governor to intervene in a contested extradition, but DeSantis has said he won't interfere. So Trump accused him of sexually assaulting a teenaged boy.

The fun part about that is that if DeSantis interferes in the extradition, he will lose a LOT of support for his Presidential bid. If he doesn't help Trump, he'll lose the Trumpers. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Couldn't happen to a nicer piece of shit.

Last, a lot of Rs are being very loud about the Manhattan DA and his pursuit of this case. There are congresscritters who want to 'investigate' to see if any federal funds were used in the case (it's a state/county office, no federal funds). 

There's been pushback from a few, asking why congress is trying to interfere in a state investigation. 

Last, there have been a few MAGA morons going online and posting various threats of violence towards any cops wanting to arrest Trump. Of creating a 'wall' of 'armed patriots' around Mar-A-Lago to keep the cops out. Of shooting down police helicopters if they try to go in that way. 
That would be hilarious. I've seen it asked "how many of those idiots have 'back the blue' stickers on their cars.

All in all, this is fucking ridiculous. 

Edited by wolfriverjoe
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I've been pondering where to post a couple things, and this seems to be as good a place as any.

Reports about the protests in NY seem to indicate they are quite small. I would guess there are a few reasons for this.

1 - All the dumbasses that claimed the Jan 6 insurrection attempt violence was because of 'Antifa & FBI informants' are worried that all those 'agent provocateurs' will cause another riot and they'll get arrested for it. MTG herself has publicly claimed this.

2 - There have been something like 1000 people indicted from the Jan 6 insurrection attempt. Something like half have pled guilty, 50 or so have been convicted. NOBODY has been completely acquitted. Everyone that has had their case progress far enough has pled or been found guilty of something. The Justice Dept is saying that another 1000 or so are going to be charged in the near future. Crowdsourcing the identification of the criminals has proven to be quite successful. 
I'm curious how many hardcore Trumpers are left.

3 - Despite all of his 'faithful' putting their lives & freedom on the line for him, Trump has (predictably) done NOTHING for anyone involved. Other than beg money from them. 

Also, Trump & DeSantis are going at each other, again predictably.

If Trump is indicted in New York and is still in Florida, he can fight extradition. 

Florida law allows the governor to intervene in a contested extradition, but DeSantis has said he won't interfere. So Trump accused him of sexually assaulting a teenaged boy.

The fun part about that is that if DeSantis interferes in the extradition, he will lose a LOT of support for his Presidential bid. If he doesn't help Trump, he'll lose the Trumpers. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Couldn't happen to a nicer piece of shit.

Last, a lot of Rs are being very loud about the Manhattan DA and his pursuit of this case. There are congresscritters who want to 'investigate' to see if any federal funds were used in the case (it's a state/county office, no federal funds). 

There's been pushback from a few, asking why congress is trying to interfere in a state investigation. 

Last, there have been a few MAGA morons going online and posting various threats of violence towards any cops wanting to arrest Trump. Of creating a 'wall' of 'armed patriots' around Mar-A-Lago to keep the cops out. Of shooting down police helicopters if they try to go in that way. 
That would be hilarious. I've seen it asked "how many of those idiots have 'back the blue' stickers on their cars.

All in all, this is fucking ridiculous. 

Hi Joe,

We live in fun times.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
Just now, gowlerk said:

Have you registered that word yet? Can I freely use it as public domain?

Sure, no worries.

Frumgibulate

frúmgįbüłâté

fram-goer-uh-latte

verb

1. dragged backwards by galloping horses to a public stadium and beat to death with LaCrosse sticks.

2. forced to live in Slim Kings attic.

Edited by JoeWeber

11 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Sure, no worries.

Frumgibulate

frúmgįbüłâté

fram-goer-uh-latte

verb

1. dragged backwards by galloping horses to a public stadium and beat to death with LaCrosse sticks.

Hi Joe,

If you have been frúmgįbüłâtéd, you have not had Trump 'cover your legal costs' as he said he would.

Others????????

Jerry Baumchen

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Sure, no worries.

Frumgibulate

frúmgįbüłâté

fram-goer-uh-latte

verb

Frumgibulation as explained here may run afoul of the prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment. Unless of it is carried out somewhere like Russia where defenestration already fills the role. 

Just now, gowlerk said:

Frumgibulation as explained here may run afoul of the prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment. Unless of it is carried out somewhere like Russia where defenestration already fills the role. 

Cruel and unusual punishment? I thought Slim lived in Florida.

Scary that our leaders are so clueless.  For example, look at the clip starting at minute 26:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?526820-1/speaker-mccarthy-gop-not-focused-trump-indictment-suggests-case-political

“What should they have done when they first saw Hitler, Mussolini and Japan getting together?  What dependencies did they become weak upon? What aggressions did they look the other way? On building up a military of Hitler even though it went against the Treaty of Versailles. Or the movement in of Czechoslovakia and Austria. Or the movement into Crimea. Or the desire to take Taiwan. So walking through the pandemic thinking about where was America waking up to medical supplies?”

House GOP conference chief Elise Stefanik (N.Y.)  called the investigation by a county D.A. “the epitome of the weaponizing of the federal government.”  Clueless!

Republicans found themselves not only denouncing the DA but also defending Trump’s behavior. McCarthy vouched for Trump by saying that the hush money paid to Daniels “was personal money” and that Trump “wasn’t trying to hide” it — claims that are challenged by the available facts. (Fox News host Jesse Watters did McCarthy one better in Trump’s defense, telling viewers: “There’s no proof Trump slept with Stormy. There’s no baby.”)

Is there any hope for us when voters elect these morons?

• Like 1

Just now, kallend said:

McCarthy vouched for Trump by saying that the hush money paid to Daniels “was personal money” and that Trump “wasn’t trying to hide” it

So we have:

Trump's lawyer:  "I used my own personal funds" to pay off Daniels
Trump's other lawyer: "Paying some Stormy Daniels woman $130,000? Which, I mean, is going to turn out to be perfectly legal. . . . They funneled through a law firm, and the President repaid it."
McCarthy: Trump paid with "personal money"
Trump (on Daniels): "A total con job, playing the Fake News Media for Fools!"
Trump: "With respect to the 'Stormy' nonsense, it is VERY OLD & happened a long time ago, long past the very publicly known & accepted deadline of the Statute of Limitation!"
Trump:  "Great, now I can go after Horseface and her 3rd rate lawyer in the Great State of Texas. She will confirm the letter she signed!"

So nothing happened - but whatever happened it's past the statute of limitations.  And Trump didn't know her but he is sure she signed that nondiscloure agreement to keep quiet.

Apparently Trump's latest angle is that he is going to claim that he paid her off to keep Melania from getting mad at him (since she had just given birth and was home with the baby while he was banging Daniels.)   Last week a Trump attorney said that “It’s not directly related to the campaign . . .He made this with personal funds to prevent something coming out (that was) false but embarrassing to himself, his family, his young son.”  However, now it looks like Melania knew before the hush money payment, so they may abandon that angle.

5 hours ago, billvon said:

However, now it looks like Melania knew before the hush money payment, so they may abandon that angle.

I’ll admit I figured she’d leave after he was out of the presidency, but either he has her too tied up in prenups, or we know her price

Wendy P. 

4 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I’ll admit I figured she’d leave after he was out of the presidency, but either he has her too tied up in prenups, or we know her price

Or she's just living her own life now without him.  The two are rarely seen together; occasionally at Mar-A-Lago dinners.  I suspect at this point she can just say "leave me alone, Donald, or I talk."

11 minutes ago, kallend said:

The principal of Tallahassee Classical School was forced to resign this week after sixth-grade art students were shown images of Michelangelo’s David.   WTF? spacer.png

Simpsons did it.

The-Simpsons-Marge.jpg?quality=75&strip=

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kallend said:

The principal of Tallahassee Classical School was forced to resign this week after sixth-grade art students were shown images of Michelangelo’s David.   WTF? spacer.png

He should have told them to piss off and if they tried to fire him, sue their asses.

It is the vocal few who get their panties in a wad and force their pretend outrage on everyone else.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kallend said:

Meanwhile the Florida House passes a "permitless carry" bill, secure in the knowledge that the kids are safe from renaissance sculptors and drag queens.

I wonder how these people would react to Titian's painting of Venus?