MacV

Jump weight

I am at 210 now, I have no idea bout the type of skydiving I will need to start with. I guess the instructor will point me in the right direction. I just want to get to 180 so I will not be limited to anything. I want to do the tandem and then the AFP. I will even prepay for the training after I do the tandem and decide I have the intestinal fortitude to continue.Any advice would be greatly appreciated...........:)

Jump weight update! I have lost 93.5 lb.s. Yea for me! I am at 194.5 now. My energy level is way high. I am going to get to 180 hopefuliy soon maybe around CHRISTMAS, what a gift for me to say the least, Hell yea. I am working on getting my bodies core streangth stronger, and I am going to do my tandem at SKYDIVE CAROLINA ( THIS SPRING ). I WILL DO IT!

You are ahead of schedule. That's awesome, and I'm sure you'll love your jump :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

MacV

Jump weight…..Up date, I am at 190, from 300. Yeeeaaaaa Haaaaaa jus
t say'n. I feel the need for speed! Happy ADVENT YA'LL.

DAMN:o

Nice work dude:)Working on your fitness too or just weight reduction?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dr D, ya know the best thing for me so far in losing this weight is, well, my since of well being is out the roof. Not to mention my bp is normal, my BMI is normal and my cholesterol level is at 139. Hell yea, Life is GOOD………. Jus say'n. MacVB|

MacV
I did my first skydive (a tandem) 2 months ago, I weighed in a 266lbs before the equipment. Like you most places I called wouldn't accept anything over 240. Even the big DZ's which surprised me they didn't have the equipment to do it. Anyways I found a very small DZ near my hometown that said they had the equipment and would simply give me an evaluation to see if it was safe. When I got there it wasn't a problem. Seeing how my tandem instructor had over 16,000 jumps I felt comfortable with him. I did 2 tandems within 3 days there and everything including the landing was very smooth! Now at this point I was hooked and wanted to start AFF but was moving to florida for the winter. Anyways it took me about 15 calls to find a DZ that had a rig with a 300 square foot canopy which also allowed a 266lb guy to jump but I found a couple and started my AFF. Now there is no substitute for loosing the weight but I will tell you first hand as a big guy after only 1 jump I have all the motivation I need now to loose the weight! Because skydiving for me is 2nd to none on the awesome experience list, so needless to say its a lot easier to not pick up the Big Mac now. Anyways I suggest loosing the weight of course (I'm only down to 257 now) but shear determination and making a lot of phone calls will make skydiving happen also if you find the right DZ, with the right equipment and an experienced instructor capable of doing it safely.

Blue Skies

Jump weight update! I am at 186 from 300, Hell YEAAAAAAA. I can't begin to tell ya'll how good I feel. Working on my core strength and gettn stronger. My goal is 180 at or near or a little past Christmas. Then I am going to do a tandum at Skydive Carolina. LIFE is GOOD!;)

Great Job!!! Keep up the hard work... This time of year is tough, allow yourself to "relax" a little, but keep balanced with exercise... It can be fun to go on a nice walk after some Christmas snacks...

The good part is that you don't really want to eat too much junk because you feel sick after.

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Jump weight…..Up date, I am at 190, from 300. Yeeeaaaaa Haaaaaa just say'n. I feel the need for speed! Happy ADVENT YA'LL.

Wow!! What an accomplishment! Congradulations! :)
I've fought a battle with my weight since I got out of GHS. The most I've ever weighed was 425 Lbs, I was miserable and hating life. I weigh 240Lbs now and I have tons of energy! now vs. the way I used to feel when I weighed 425Lbs, my goal: 195Lbs.

Best-
Richard
IHS

I exercise indoor rowing, cycling, and swimming. I do it 7 days a week. My diet is grilled, baked, steamed. Mainly fish, turkey breast, chicken. I cut waaay back on red meat. Lot's of water, green tea. Nothing processed, cookies, cakes, chips, franks none of that junk. 5 to 6 veg.s a day. I take a good supplement and get plenty of sleep. My well being has jumped through the roof. Life is worth living no matter how bad a shape you may be in , it's never to late to turn around. I wann be fit, I will be FIT!:)

Well guy's I did not make it to 180 lb.s by Christmas. However I did pass my goal of getting to a 35 inch waist. I am a 34 inch waist. Yeaaaaa for me. I think I may be training to hard,and gaining muscle mass. My BMI is in the normal range now and thats something I have not seen on a long, long time. 188 is not to bad. Life is good.