1 1
rmsmith

U.S. regulators say Silicon Valley Bank customers will be made whole

(edited)
29 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

PAC donated $106,151 in the last 10 years, with about 35% of that going to Republicans. Pieter Thiel had $50 million of his own money and millions more of his Founder's Fund money in the bank. The conclusions you draw from these numbers are so slanted, because your bias only allows you think see or think one way.

35%? Where did the remaining 65% go?

Let me help you…

“Ninety-eight percent of all political contributions from people who worked at Internet companies went to Democrats in 2020, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics. 

Another estimate from a GovPredict analysis of Federal Election Commission data showed that people living in counties considered to be Silicon Valley gave nearly $200 million to Democrats.”

Edited by brenthutch

18 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I know you generally have struggled with percentages, but now that you have an MBA, I think you should be able to figure this one out all on your own.

Here’s a percentage for you…

“Ninety-eight percent of all political contributions from people who worked at Internet companies went to Democrats in 2020, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics.”

52 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Here’s a percentage for you…

“Ninety-eight percent of all political contributions from people who worked at Internet companies went to Democrats in 2020, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics.”

We should totally ban the internet!

The internet is out to get you and is totally run by the deep state.

Buddy, you are so far down the rabbit hole, you may want to stop and take a breath.

17 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Buddy, you are so far down the rabbit hole, you may want to stop and take a breath.

It's a wonder the R party can even keep the lights on with the poverty they face due to all the cash going to the other team.

• Like 1

I don’t know why you guys are being so defensive. Biden was just protecting the wallets of his wealthy donors using what Trump referred to as OPM. (Other people’s money).  Or to use a term you may feel more comfortable with….he socialized the losses.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I don’t know why you guys are being so defensive. Biden was just protecting the wallets of his wealthy donors using what Trump referred to as OPM. (Other people’s money).  Or to use a term you may feel more comfortable with….he socialized the losses.

Based on this, I don't think you know what "non sequitur" means. But I don't think Latin is on the MBA curriculum.

Edited by SkyDekker

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Based on this, I don't think you know what "non sequitur" means. But I don't think Latin is on the MBA curriculum.

I share the fact that the vast majority of political donations from Silicon Valley go to Democrats and you go off the rails invoking the deep state.  Obviously you don’t understand what non sequitur means…here’s some help.

non se·qui·tur

/ˌnän ˈsekwədər/

noun

a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

30 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I share the fact that the vast majority of political donations from Silicon Valley go to Democrats and you go off the rails invoking the deep state.  Obviously you don’t understand what non sequitur means…here’s some help.

non se·qui·tur

/ˌnän ˈsekwədər/

noun

a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

That's not quite what happened. You posited that SVB depositors were being helped to save big democrat donors because in part the SVB PAC made donations and the majority went to Democrats. I showed you the donations were pretty minor over a 10 year span while a large Republican donor also had significant funds at SVB. To which you responded about donations from people who worked at an internet company.

So, your argument is that Biden is helping large democratic donors based on the $100,000 the SVB PAC donated to Democratic and Republican candidates over 10 years. While doing that, he is also helping Pieter Thiel, who donated 20.2 million to Republican candidates in 2020 alone.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

That's not quite what happened. You posited that SVB depositors were being helped to save big democrat donors because in part the SVB PAC made donations and the majority went to Democrats. I showed you the donations were pretty minor over a 10 year span while a large Republican donor also had significant funds at SVB. To which you responded about donations from people who worked at an internet company.

So, your argument is that Biden is helping large democratic donors based on the $100,000 the SVB PAC donated to Democratic and Republican candidates over 10 years. While doing that, he is also helping Pieter Thiel, who donated 20.2 million to Republican candidates in 2020 alone.

SVB’s PAC is not the issue, it is the SVB depositors with accounts greater than $250k, who overwhelmingly donated to the Ds. If they took a haircut, the DNC could have lost millions in donations.

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

SVB’s PAC is not the issue,

Yet, that is who you listed.

"Becker and the SVB PAC have donated money to a slew of candidates"

Do you have a list of SVB Depositors, their account balance and their political contributions? Like any evidence to support your claim?

Lastly, the article linked below leads one to believe that some of the largest combined donations when to Republicans:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/03/17/svb-signature-bank-collapse-political-donations/11477891002/

But again, your claim is that SVB depositors with accounts greater than $250k overwhelmingly donated to Democrats, so please do provide some proof. Or at a minimum a full list of SVB Depositors with their bank balances.

Edited by SkyDekker

21 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

SVB’s PAC is not the issue, it is the SVB depositors with accounts greater than $250k, who overwhelmingly donated to the Ds. If they took a haircut, the DNC could have lost millions in donations.

The only thing we know for sure is that whatever would have happened here, you would have blamed the Dem's....Suppose the Fed did nothing and SVB's collapse spurred bank-runs that tanked other small/mid-sized banks.  You'd have been on here skewering Biden for not shoring up the financial system.  Your one guiding ideology is 'Dem's Suck' and that makes it hard to take your schtick too seriously.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, lippy said:

The only thing we know for sure is that whatever would have happened here, you would have blamed the Dem's....Suppose the Fed did nothing and SVB's collapse spurred bank-runs that tanked other small/mid-sized banks.  You'd have been on here skewering Biden for not shoring up the financial system.  Your one guiding ideology is 'Dem's Suck' and that makes it hard to take your schtick too seriously.

I almost feel bad for republicans on this one.

First they tried "they are bailing out the too-big-to-fail banks - AGAIN!"  That flopped.

Then they tried "they are only bailing out big Dem donors!  Hypocrites!  Frauds!"  That flopped too.

I wonder what's next?  I know!  Hunter's laptop!

17 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Do you have any data on the overlap between "internet companies" and SVB depositors?

Because unless you have data on that,

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If they took a haircut, the DNC could have lost millions in donations.

...THIS is a non-sequitur.

It's weird how you overuse the term like it's the first latin phrase you've ever learned.

On 3/20/2023 at 12:53 PM, brenthutch said:

Wow. That is surprising! 

Who would have thought that our American Taliban party, the party of alternative facts, the party that widely endorsed a failed insurrection would be shunned by a group of people that generally have post high school educations in science and math, and experience with critical thinking. 

But hey, you have Hobby Lobby and the My Pillow guy right?

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, normiss said:

Chic Filet and Cracker Barrel too.

blerf on both IMO. WTH is the "breading" on Chic Filet?????

Hey -- Cracker Barrel is generally better than Walmart for a quick night's stay in my RV... If I get a late enough start, I'll go in there and spend some money. But usually if I'm ducking into a Cracker Barrel for a night of boondocking, it ended late and starts early, because I'm on the road, not at a destination. But Cracker Barrel is always willing, too many people have abused Walmart and fewer of them let you spend an overnight

Wendy P.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Hey -- Cracker Barrel is generally better than Walmart for a quick night's stay in my RV... If I get a late enough start, I'll go in there and spend some money. But usually if I'm ducking into a Cracker Barrel for a night of boondocking, it ended late and starts early, because I'm on the road, not at a destination. But Cracker Barrel is always willing, too many people have abused Walmart and fewer of them let you spend an overnight

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

Then do not come to Oregon:  Cracker Barrel closes final Portland-area restaurants - oregonlive.com

Conversely, the parking lot will be really empty.

Jerry Baumchen

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Wendy,

Then do not come to Oregon:  Cracker Barrel closes final Portland-area restaurants - oregonlive.com

Conversely, the parking lot will be really empty.

Jerry Baumchen

Closed places usually get posted 'no trespassing' pretty quick.

WalMarts that allow parking usually allow big trucks. Cracker Barrel usually does not.

Some drivers are absolute pigs. Generally, taking a dump in the middle of the parking lot and leaving it (human, not dog poo) is a good way of getting everyone kicked out.